You want to talk about power? Well, you can’t have a conversation about power without bringing up the Suzuki Bandit 1250SA, especially when this all-around cruiser carries the kind of juice it has inside its body.
Of course, we’re talking about the 1,255cc liquid-cooled engine the Bandit possesses that delivers arm-stretching power and torque. More than just its performance credentials, the Bandit 1250SA also comes with Suzuki’s new SDTV fuel injection system, making that ride that much more impressive.
In addition, the secondary balancer shaft on the bike decreases vibration while the new slick-shifting six-speed transmission enhances acceleration and reduces top gear rpm at highway speeds. Finally, the hydraulic clutch and the liquid-cooled oil cooler have both been added to further supplement the bike’s big-bore power plant.
If handling is of any concern, riders will be pleased to know that the Suzuki Bandit 1250SA has a chassis that features a frame with larger diameter down tubes for better balance and handling. From there, the wide seat is height adjustable by up to 20mm, allowing for enhanced comfort riding along with the large-capacity fuel tank.
In giving the Bandit 1250SA a meaner bite, the dedicated team of Suzuki engineers successfully built a cruiser of unmatched performance, style, and value. At the end of the day, that’s really all you can ask for.
Find out more about the Suzuki Bandit 1250SA ABS after the jump.
2012 Suzuki Bandit 1250SA ABS
Exciting quantity and quality of torque from its 1255cm3 liquid-cooled engine featuring advanced digital fuel injection, the Suzuki Bandit 1250SA is a true bike with some serious attitude. Likewise, the distinctive styling and sporting comfort is enhanced with a sleek half-fairing and effective windscreen, allowing riders to enjoy the bike’s heavyweight power and impressive handling characteristics.
What You Need To Know About The Suzuki Bandit 1250SA.
- 1255cm3 liquid-cooled fuel-injected DOHC engine for extra-smooth acceleration and relaxed highway cruising.
- Well-exposed, symmetrical-layout (center-cam-drive) powerplant forms the core of the Bandit’s beautiful naked bike appearance.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection brings better response feel, smoother power output, and reduced emissions.
- Long-wearing, tough Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder-bore plating.
- Secondary balancer shaft enhances the engine’s smooth operation.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler helps keep the engine running cool.
- 6-speed transmission with gear ratios chosen for powerful acceleration and smooth highway cruising.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction. (Bandit 1250SA only)
- Classic tube-frame chassis, with rake and trail chosen for an excellent balance between sporty handing and highway cruising comfort.
- 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and single rear shock absorber, both are spring-preload-adjustable.
- Fully floating 310mm-disc dual front brakes with 4-piston calipers. 240mm-disc rear brake with singlepiston caliper.
- Seat height can be adjusted up or down 20mm by flipping over mounting spacers.
- Sleek half-fairing, with built-in line-beam headlight and an effective windscreen.
- Analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, LCD fuel gauge and clock, and LED indicator lamps.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement||1255 cm3 (76.6 cu. in)|
|Bore x Stroke||79.0 mm x 64.0 mm|
|Compression Ratio||10.5 : 1|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||2130 mm (83.9 in)|
|Overall Width||790 mm (31.1 in)|
|Overall Height||1235 mm (48.6 in)|
|Wheelbase||1485 mm (58.5 in)|
|Ground Clearance||135 mm ( 5.3 in)|
|Seat Height Low / High||805 / 825 mm (31.7 / 32.5 in)|
|Curb mass Bandit 1250S/SA||250 kg (551 lbs) / 254 kg (560 lbs)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Ignition||Type Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Fuel Tank||19.0 L (5.0 US gal)|