- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Fuel Injection
- 656 cc
The first generation Suzuki Bandit 600 managed to give the middleweight budged bike segment an adrenaline boost, featuring a sharp styling and a detuned GSX-R motor.
Unfortunately the coming years were far from being as glorious as the inception, and the motorcycle was forgotten by Suzuki’s engineers. For a long period of time, the Bandit 600 didn’t receive any upgrades and continued to wear its old cloth and engine. Fortunately, things have started to change in 2005, when the bike was blessed with a performance boost, after the engine’s capacity was raised up to 656 cc.
The year 2007 has brought a new series of upgrades too. As everyone’s concern was to reduce novice emissions, Suzuki’s engineers made the Bandit’s engine more efficient by replacing the carburetors technology with fuel injection and also adding liquid cooling. Additional changes were made in 2009 when the exterior design was slightly tweaked.
Find out more about the Suzuki Bandit 650 SA after the jump.</b>
There is a perfect phrase to describe a motorcycle with an unbeatable combination of performance, style and value. Equally ready for a daily commute, a weekend ride with friends or a long holiday getaway across the border. Designed to deliver riding comfort, excellent throttle response, seemingly effortless highway cruising and, above all, fun. Complete with fine quality and elegant style.
To the dedicated team of Suzuki engineers entrusted with making the wildly popular Bandit 650 even better, it is more than a catch phrase. It is no less than a motorcycling mission, a professional calling, a way to make two-wheeled dreams a reality for more riders.
Edgy, futuristic styling that keeps the shapely 656 cm3 fuel-injected engine exposed for ready admiration. A well-tuned chassis with generous adjustability. Efficient half-fairing with handy storage bays. Optional antilock braking system. Stay ahead of the curve with the Bandit 650S’s all-round performance.
Features and Benefits
- 656cm3 4-cylinder liquid-cooled engine delivering a finely tuned balance of power and torque with smooth, refined throttle response.
- The Bandit 650S’s engine keeps the symmetrical layout (center-cam-drive), and is exposed for ready admiration with a striking black finish.
- The double overhead camshafts act directly on bucket tappets for smooth running and positive valve actuation at high revs.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating promotes heat transfer and ring sealing, reduces blowby and mechanical losses.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system effectively enhances smoothness of power delivery.
- Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system helps maintain stable idle and improves cold starting.
- 6-speed transmission, with a hydraulic clutch actuation system designed for easy clutch-lever pull.
- Plush front forks with 130mm wheel travel and adjustable spring preload. Single-shock rear suspension with a progressive, rising-rate link system and adjustable rebound damping and spring preload.
- Front brakes with 310mm discs and opposed 4-piston calipers; rear break with a 240mm disc and a dual-piston caliper.
- Antilock Braking System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction. (Bandit 650SA only).
- The handlebars can be set in either of two positions, which are 10mm away from each other in line with the forks.
- The seat height can be raised or lowered by 20mm, using reversible spacers.
- The clutch lever and the front brake lever are both 4-way adjustable, moving them closer to or farther from the handlebars.
- Analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, fuel gauge and clock, and gear-position and other indicators, all in a sleek housing.
- A sharp styling design that’s a reflection of the future, headlined by sleeker headlights, and other body parts with updated design.
- Aerodynamically efficient half-fairing with stacked high- and low-beam multi-reflector headlights plus storage bays for small items on both sides.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement||656 cm3 (40.0 cu. in)|
|Bore x Stroke||65.5 mm x 48.7 mm|
|Compression Ratio||11.5 : 1|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||2145 mm (84.4 in)|
|Overall Width||780 mm (30.7 in)|
|Overall Height||1230 mm (48.4 in)|
|Wheelbase||1470 mm (57.9 in)|
|Ground Clearance||135 mm ( 5.3 in)|
|Seat Height Low / High||790 / 810 mm (31.1 / 31.9 in)|
|Curb Mass Bandit||650S/SA 246 kg (542 lbs) / 250 kg (551 lbs)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless|
|Ignition||Type Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Fuel Tank||19.0 L (5.0 US gal)|