- 8-valve DOHC, 54-degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-Twin engine
- 1783 L
The ’M’ in the Suzuki Boulvard M109R stands for ’muscle.’ That alone should be enough to tell you what this beastly machine is all about.
The bike’s unique body styling, coupled with its incredible performance, will most definitely make you feel like you’re riding a bike that’s meant to contort your face when you’re blasting off into the road. That’s what happens when you’re sitting on top of a 1783cc, 8-valve DOHC, 54-degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-Twin engine that has been designed for strong throttle response and quick acceleration while also being tuned to produce massive torque all the way from idle to redline. This translates to an acceleration that you can’t possibly believe until you feel it yourself. The performance of M109R is no laughing matter, especially if you’re the type that likes your adrenaline to be jacked up to the moon. Certain elements about the bike’s powertrain set-up include a class-leading electronic fuel injection system that features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies, maintaining optimum air velocity for smooth low to mid-range throttle response.
To go along with its unspeakable performance credentials, the Boulevard 109R needs to have the right handling characteristics for those awesome numbers. To that, Suzuki used a high-tensile double cradle steel frame that has been built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush, smooth ride. Inverted front forks feature race-proven cartridge internals with 46mm stanchion tubes and provide 5.1" of wheel travel while a cast aluminum alloy swingarm works with a progressive shock linkage and a preload-adjustable single rear shock delivering 4.6" of wheel travel.
All boasting aside, the Suzuki Boulevard M109R is the kind of powerful cruiser riders dream about and other cruisers have nightmares about.
Find out more about the Suzuki Boulevard 109R after the jump.
- A 1783cc, 8-valve DOHC, 54-degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-Twin engine is designed for strong throttle response and quick acceleration.
- Suzuki’s class-leading electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies, which maintains optimum air velocity for smooth low to mid-range throttle response.
- A massive 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke is complemented by huge 112mm forged aluminum-alloy pistons featuring race-proven design to reduce friction and internal mass, with short skirts, and cutaway sides riding on chrome-molly steel connecting rods.
- Engine bore is lined with Suzuki’s race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight.
- A dual spark plug per cyclinder ignition system is controlled by a powerful 32-bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions.
- A unique two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design, reduces overall engine height and creates a lower center of gravity.
- A three-piece, 9.5-liter volume airbox (with dual intakes) includes two pleated fabric air cleaner elements located on both sides of the engine.
- A high-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to confortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush, smooth ride.
- Inverted front forks feature race-proven cartridge internals with 46mm stanchion tubes and provide 5.1-inches of wheel travel.
- A cast aluminum allow swingarm works with a progressive shock linkage and a preload-adjustable single rear shock delivering 4.6 inches of wheel travel.
- The M109R is available in Glass Sparkle Black
- Huge 112mm (4.4 in) forged aluminum-alloy pistons. One of the largest reciprocating gasoline engine pistons being used in any production passenger car or motorcycle.
- The 2-into-1-into-2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and a powerful V-Twin sound.
- Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS), a compact dry sump lubrication system, provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and a lower center of gravity.
|Displacement||1783cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 54° V-twin|
|Fuel System||Suzuki fuel injection|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2450 mm (96.5 in)|
|Overall Width||875 mm (34.4 in)|
|Wheelbase||1710 mm (67.3 in)|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm (5.1 in)|
|Seat Height||705 mm (27.8 in)|
|Curb Weight||347 kg (764 lbs)|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Final Drive||Shaft drive|
|Suspension Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Tires Front||130/70R18 M/C 63V tubeless|
|Tires Rear||240/40R18 M/C 79V tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||19.5 L (5.2 US gallons)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity CA||18.5 L (4.9 US gallons)|
|Color||Glass Sparkle Black|
Ultimate Motorcycling----"The Suzuki Boulevard velvety purr at start-up reveals a motor that has its share of engineering tricks. A huge combustion chamber and piston that is nearly four-and-a-half inches wide, is just asking for brutally rough idle. However, dual plugs keep the 1,783cc, 8-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin engine in order."