- 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine
- five-speed transmission
- 124 L
The 2012 Suzuki DR-Z125 is a motocross bike that upstart riders can get into without having to worry about the complicated mechanisms of some of the more powerful models in the market.
It’s not enough to have a bike that offers good looks, especially for novices looking to learn the ropes; you need one that has matching performance and handling credentials, two characteristics that Suzuki pays full attention to.
Aggressive bodywork, complete with a two-tone seat cover, a rear fender, graphics, and number plates, makes the DR-Z125 a complete, stylistic replica of the championship-winning RM-Z machines.
The DR-Z125 offers a compact 124cc 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that has been designed for ease-of operation and low maintenance, perfect for upstart riders looking to break into the world of motocross. The engine also has a digital-type CDI ignition system with timing set to enhance the engine’s low-rpm power characteristics while a five-speed transmission with a link-type gearshift system offers precise operation and positive feel for complete control of the bike.
In addition to its sublime powertrain, the DR-Z125 also comes with precise and agile handling characteristics, featuring a long-travel, oil damped front fork and a link-type rear suspension that provides a smooth, compliant ride. A lightweight and durable steel frame and swingarm, as well as equally lightweight aluminum rims reduce the bike’s weight while providing agile handling and improved suspension performance.
Find out more about the Suzuki DR-Z125 after the jump.
- Compact 124cc 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine designed for ease-of operation and low maintenance
- Digital-type CDI ignition system with timing set to enhance the engine’s low-rpm power characteristics
- Five-speed transmission with link-type gearshift system for precise operation and positive feel
- MIKUNI VM20SS carburetor for smooth throttle response
- Long-travel, oil damped front fork and link-type rear suspension provide a smooth, compliant ride
- Available in Champion Yellow
- Lightweight aluminum rims for reduced weight provide agile handling and improved suspension performance
- Lightweight and durable steel frame and swingarm
- Optimum wheel/tire combination for smaller riders: F: 70/100-17, R: 90/100-14
- RM-Z inherited style front fender and number plate
- Sharp off-road styling with fuel tank, radiator shrouds and frame covers patterned after the RM-Z series
- Strong braking performance provided by lightweight front and rear drum brakes
- Two-tone seat cover and rear fender inspired from the RM-Z series
- Aggressively styled bodywork, number plates and graphics built to look exactly like the race winning RM-Z competition models
|Bore Stroke||57.0 mm (2.244 in) x 48.8 mm (1.921 in)|
|Compression Ratio||9.5 : 1|
|Engine||4-stroke, air-cooled, OHC|
|Fuel System||MIKUNI VM20SS|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Brakes Front||Drum brake|
|Brakes Rear||Drum brake|
|Curb Weight||73 kg (161 lbs)|
|Final Drive||DID 428HG, 122 links|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4.8 L (1.3/1.1 US/Imp gal) - Including Reserve|
|Ground Clearance||260 mm (10.2 in)|
|Overall Length||1805 mm (71.1 in)|
|Overall Width||735 mm (28.9 in)|
|Seat Height||850 mm (33.5 in)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Tires Front||70/100-17 40M, tube type|
|Tires Rear||90/100-14 49M, tube type|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Wheelbase||1245 mm (49.0 in)|
motorcycle USA----"The Suzuki DR-Z125 is an aggressive model that will take you as far as you want to go and do it with power. It has a compact 124cc 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine which is designed for easy operation and low maintenance. This is a lightweight bike that will be easy to maneuver and handle as well as strong braking with the lightweight front and rear drum brakes."