We’ve already established all the impressive qualities of the Suzuki DR-Z125, but in the event that the bike’s a little on the small side compared to your, shall we say, "dimensions," Suzuki has a bigger version of the DR-Z125 called the DR-Z125L. The latter pretty much carries all the same features as that of the former with the only notable exception being that the DR-Z12L is bigger. Hence, that "L" designation at the back of its name.
The DR-Z125L was designed with aggressively styled bodywork, number plates, and graphics that were built and inspired to look exactly like the higher-spec, race winning Suzuki RM-Z competition models.
On top of that, the powertrain is also the same as that of its ’smaller’ counterpart - a compact 124cc 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine that comes with a five-speed transmission with link-type gearshift system for precise operation and positive feel, a digital-type CDI ignition system with timing set to enhance the engine’s low-rpm power characteristics, and a MIKUNI VM20SS carburetor for smooth throttle response.
And then there’s the matter of the bike’s handling characteristics, which are impressive relative to its overall characteristics. A long-travel, oil damped front fork and a link-type rear suspension provide a smooth, compliant ride while lightweight aluminum rims offer reduced weight, providing agile handling and improved suspension performance.
From the top to bottom, nothing rides on dirt quite like the Suzuki DR-Z125. And if that doesn’t fit you, then you can opt for the DR-Z125L, which is pretty much the same thing, albeit in a slightly larger package.
Find out more about the Suzuki DR-Z125L after the jump.
- Compact 124cc 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine designed for ease-of operation and low maintenance
- Five-speed transmission with link-type gearshift system for precise operation and positive feel
- MIKUNI VM20SS carburetor for smooth throttle response
- Tuned intake tract and exhaust system for more low-to-mid rpm power
- Long-travel, oil damped front fork and link-type rear suspension provide a smooth, compliant ride
- Large wheel/tire combination to fit young riders and adults: F: 70/100-19, R: 90/100-16
- Lightweight aluminum rims for reduced weight provide agile handling and improved suspension performance
- Lightweight and durable steel frame and swingarm
- RM-Z inherited style front fender and number plate
- Sharp off-road styling with fuel tank, radiator shrouds and frame covers patterned after the RM-Z series
- Strong braking performance provided by single front disc brake with RM85 caliper and a rear drum brake
- Two-tone seat cover and rear fender inspired from the RM-Z series
- Aggressively styled bodywork, number plates and graphics built to look exactly like the race winning RM-Z competition models
|Bore Stroke||57.0 mm (2.244 in) x 48.8 mm (1.921 in)|
|Compression Ratio||9.5 : 1|
|Engine||4-stroke, air-cooled, OHC|
|Fuel System||MIKUNI VM20SS|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake|
|Brakes Rear||Drum brake|
|Curb Weight||74 kg (163 lbs)|
|Final Drive||DID 428HG, 130 links|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4.8 L (1.3/1.1 US/Imp gal) - Including Reserve|
|Ground Clearance||290 mm (11.4 in)|
|Overall Length||1895 mm (74.6 in)|
|Overall Width||735 mm (28.9 in)|
|Seat Height||805 mm (32.0 in)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Tires Front||70/100-19 42M, tube type|
|Tires Rear||90/100-16 52M, tube type|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Wheelbase||1270 mm (50.0 in)|
Bikez----"This custom version of the DR-Z125 features full-size, 19-inch front and 16-inch rear tires and wheels and a front disc brake, making it a great choice for larger riders. It also offers a terrific combination of crisp handling and strong low-end and mid-range power."