With its charming character and the lively engine, the Suzuki DR-270 is the perfect choice for any young rider that wants to learn the secrets of motocross.
The motorcycle features a pretty modern design language and is appearance draws inspiration from the RM-Z models.
Perhaps it goes without saying that the motorcycle was designed with comfort in mind. Thereby the chassis, seat and handle bar were carefully designed to make the rider feel comfortable.
The 2012 version is powered by a fresh 70cc four-stroke engine that replaces the old 50cc two-stroke model. Also, in the event the bike’s battery dies, a kick-starter stays there as a backup.
The changes made by Suzuki on it, not only makes it a better ride, but it also gives tots a reason to get into the world of motocross riding. Color options include either Black of Championship Yellow.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Suzuki DR-Z70.
2012 Suzuki DR-Z70
Laying The Foundation of Fun Riding
The Suzuki DR-Z70 comes powered with a torque-packed, electric-starting 67cm 4 stroke engine and comes dressed in super-cool race-style looks. The result is an easy and fun choice for children to learn the fundamentals of riding. With an adequately sized engine and adequately sized chassis, the user-friendly DR-Z70 is ready for many enjoyable years down the road.
Features and Benefits
- 67cm air-cooled 4-stroke twin-valve engine - adequately sized and packed with torque.
- Combination of 67cm engine power and 10-inch front wheel makes for ample tractable power on various terrain.
- The user-frinedly DR-Z70 engine meets United States federal emission regulations along with California’s "Green Sticker" requirement.
- An automatic clutch and smooth-shifting 3-speed transmission put the fun-riding power to the terrain.
- Push-button electric starter and traditional kick starter offers a convenient dual starting system and flexibility when teaching the basics.
- The starter lever is conveniently located on the handlebars for easy accessibility.
- Chassis designed for user-friendly dimensions and to realize a lightweight electric-starter-equipped machine.
- Adequately sized with a 550mm (22in) seat height for beginners learning to ride or more skilled riders dropping the gate at their local track.
- Sleek, super-cool race style appearance inherited from its RM-Z big brothers, adorned in Championship Yellow or Black.
|Engine ||4-stroke, air-cooled |
|Fuel System ||MIKUNI VM13 |
|Ignition|| Electronic (CDI) |
|Lubrication ||Wet sump |
|Starter ||Electric and kick |
|Bore Stroke|| 48.0 mm (1.890 in) x 37.0 mm (1.457 in) |
|Compression Ratio|| 9.5 : 1 |
|Ground Clearance ||135 mm (5.3 in) |
|Overall Length ||1320 mm (52.0 in) |
|Overall Width ||580 mm (22.8 in) |
|Seat Height ||560 mm (22.0 in) |
|Suspension Front|| Inverted telescopic, coil spring |
|Suspension Rear|| Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped |
|Tires Front ||2.50-10 33J, tube type |
|Tires Rear|| 2.50-10 33J, tube type |
|Transmission ||3-speed constant mesh |
|Wheelbase ||935 mm (36.8 in) |
|Brakes Front|| Drum brake |
|Brakes Rear|| Drum brake |
|Colour ||Yellow |
|Curb Weight ||55 kg (121 lbs) |
|Final Drive|| D.I.D 428, 78 links |
|Fuel Tank Capacity ||3.0 L (0.8/0.7 US/Imp gal) - Including Reserve |