Are you searching for a tough, retro-styled supermotard? Then you should take a closer look at the Suzuki DR124SM.
The 2012 Suzuki DR125SM is fitted with many modern features which help it deliver first class performance in terms of power and agility.
As far as design goes, the 2012 Suzuki DR124SM features an agile stance which is enhanced by the high placed front fender, the sleek seat and the sporty fairing.
The main attraction however is the capable 125 cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine that offers a decent level of power and is pretty economical too. The engine is combined with the Idling Speed Control (ISC) system which adjusts intake air-flow volume to constantly maintain proper idling rpm, and also performs cold-starting fast-idling.
The stopping power is assured by front 250mm and rear 220mm-disc brakes, each paired with a Nissin caliper.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Suzuki DR125SM.
2012 Suzuki DR125SM
Ready For Action
The distinctive supermotard styling of the Suzuki DR125SM offers a full range of expressive accents and rich details. The smooth power comes courtesy of an efficient fuel-injected 125cc engine bringing you comfortable, economical street rides. A refined, clean-running performer equipped for user convenience and designed for fun makes the DR125SM a bike that’s completely ready for action.
Features and Benefits
- 125cc, air-cooled 4-stroke engine is compact and lightweight, and built for power, superb economy and durability.
- Discharge Pump Fuel Injection (DCP-FI) contributes to low fuel consumption, low emissions and user-friendly engine power character.
- Single-shaft counterbalancer with damping mechanism and silent-type cam chain help keep the engine smooth for comfortale rides.
- Suzuki Jet Cooling System (SJCS) jets oil at high speeds to the piston underside and cylinder wall for better durability and less oil consumption.
- Idling Speed COntrol (ISC) adjust intake air-flow volume to contstantly maintain proper idling rpm, and also performs cold-starting fast-idling.
- The DR125SM meets stringent Euro 3 emission regulations with a catalyzer and air/fuel ratio control by Engine Control Module (ECM).
- 17-inch spoked wheels front and rear, featuring RK Excel aluminum wheels.
- Pirelli tires offering a fine balance between road grip and long wear and tailored for agile street maneuvers and the right supermotard image.
- Bodywork cut-outs and slits, inspired from traditional Japanese demon fangs and homs motifs, accentuate the unmistakable DR125SM looks.
- Expressive bodywork styling, with a classy tank cover, dynamic front covers, and shapely frame cover/rear fender right above the upswept muffler.
- Front 250mm- and rear 220mm-disc brakes, each with a Nissin caliper, provide ample stopping power.
- Looking tool box and fuel tank cap, helmet holder, and co-rider grab bar add convenience. Rear carrier is optionally available.
- Bright 35/35-watt halogen multi-reflector headlight. Stylish and highly visible turn signals combine clear outer lens with amber inner lens.
- Instrument panel containing an analog speedometer, odometer/tripmeter and indicator lamps in a distinctive, easy-to-read layout.
|Engine||4-stroke, air cooled, SOHC|
|Bore||57.0mm X 48.8mm|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorised)|
|Fuel system||Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Front suspension||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rear suspension||Swingarm type, coil spring, oil and gas damped|
|Front tyres||100/80/17M/C 52H, tube type|
|Rear tyres||130/70/17M/C 62H, tube type|
|Overall length||2040mm (80.3in)|
|Overall width||800mm (31.5in)|
|Overall height||1135mm (44.7in)|
|Seat height||836mm (32.9in)|
|Kerb Mass||130kg (286.6lbs)|
|Fuel capacity||9.0litres (2 UK gallons)|