- 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-Twin
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 59 @ 7600
- Torque @ RPM:
- 42 @ 6225
- Fuel Injection
- 645 cc
- Top Speed:
- 139 mph
The 2012 Suzuki Gladius ABS is arguably one of the best looking models in its class. The motorcycle features a pretty futuristic design language and we especially like the sharp fuel tank, imposing frame and the unique headlight. Not to mention about the sculpted seat and the dynamic exhaust pipes.
We don’t have any complains about the bike’s color combinations either, as the contrasts of the front fender, radiator covers, fuel tank covers, side covers, steel fuel tank and frame further enhance its tasty appearance.
Once you jump on the saddle you are greeted by a useful instrumentation that includes an analog tachometer and LCD speedometer, digital dual trip meters, odometer, LCD digital clock and gear-position indicator.
In terms of power, the Suzuki Gladius ABS is fitted with a 645cm3 fuel-injected DOHC 90-degree V-Twin engine that is based on the SV650 power plant.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Suzuki Gladius ABS.
2012 Suzuki Gladius ABS
Flexibility is only available on a motorcycle if it boasts of cunning style and reliable performance. The Suzuki Gladius ABS has both of these characteristics, thanks to a design that applies modern technology with brisk performance traits that can blow away any of its competitors out on the road. Just the way Suzuki planned it.
What You Need To Know About The Suzuki Gladius ABS
- 645cm3 fuel-injected DOHC 90-degree V-Twin engine based on the SV650 powerplant with proven long-term reliability, broad power and quiet rumble.
- Twin Iridium spark plugs for each cylinder improve combustion. Use of Iridium alloy allows the electrode to be finer to produce a stronger spark.
- Race-proven Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Materials (SCEM) cylinder plating reduces friction and improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) downdraft digital fuel injection enhances throttle response and acceleration and helps reduce emissions.
- 10-hole, extra-fine-atomization fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
- Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system integrated into each throttle body improves cold starting and reduce right after start-up.
- Elegant styling with a richly curved bodywork highlighted by edgy frame covers, seat rail/engine cover detailing and buffed stainless steel muffler cover.
- Steel-tubing compact trellis frame.
- Color combinations and contrasts of front fender, radiator covers, fuel tank covers, side covers, steel fuel tank and frame in each color scheme attractively characterize fresh and stylish appearance of the GLADIUS.
- Two-tone seat, with a relatively low 785mm (30.9-inch) height, ample padding and bolstered rear edges to well-support the rider’s hips. Optional 20mm higher seat is also available.
- Comfortable riding position composed with tubular handlebar shape, footpeg and seat positioning, and the slim fuel tank/seat meeting section.
- 41mm-stanchion-tube front forks and progressive-link rear suspension are both spring-preload adjustable.
- 5-spoke 17-inch cast aluminum-alloy wheels, shod with Dunlop Qualifier sport radial tires.
- Front brakes with floating 290mm discs and dual-piston calipers; rear brake with 240mm disc and a single-piston caliper.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction. (GLADIUS ABS only) Carefully shaped multi-reflector headlight incorporates high and low beams as well as a position light, and is flanked by clear-lens turn indicators.
- Instrumentation includes an analog tachometer and LCD speedometer, digital dual trip meters, odometer, LCD digital clock and gear-position indicator.
- Indicator lights include a two-way remaining fuel warning lamp backed up by an LCD reserve trip meter.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-Twin|
|Engine Displacement||645 cm3 (39.4 cu. in)|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Compression Ratio||11.5 : 1|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||2130 mm (83.9 in)|
|Overall Width||760 mm (29.9 in)|
|Overall Height||1090 mm (42.9 in)|
|Wheelbase||1445 mm (56.9 in)|
|Ground Clearance||135 mm ( 5.3 in)|
|Seat Height||785 mm (30.9 in)|
|Curb Mass GLADIUS / ABS||202 kg (445 lbs) / 205 kg (452 lbs)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless|
|Ignition Type||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Fuel Tank||14.5 L (3.8 US gal)|