The 2012 Suzuki GS500 won’t impress you with its dated design, but it will sure manage to get your attention with its sporty performances.
Power comes from a 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, DOHC engine with a displacement of 487 cm3. The engine’s power is sent to the rear wheel through a six speed constant mesh transmission which is pretty sharp and precise. On top of that, the transistorized electronic ignition and precise carburetor also help in keeping the engine to run as smoothly and as efficiently as possible.
While the design may not be as charming as other models in its class, you won’t have any complains about the bike’s functionality. The well-padded seat and the comfortable riding position certainly add a plus of value. Not to mention about the comprehensive instrument cluster, frame-mounted one-piece grab bar, black-painted double-cradle frame and the upswept tail section.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Suzuki GS500.
2012 Suzuki GS500
Clear Your Schedule
The GS500 is a great choice for anybody looking for an introductory sporting motorcycle with an all-round ability. The engine delivers invigorating power and plentiful torque while a natural, neutral steering makes for one good turns wherever you need to go. The bike allows the rider to easily maneuver in and around town with seamless ease. Add that to the comfort of a well-padded seat and a comfortable riding position and you have a bike that’s equally suited for cross-town commutes and spirited rides on your favorite roads. Clear your schedule, and make time for an urgent appoint with the GS500.
Features and Benefits
- 487cm3, DOHC, parallel-twin engine with compact and low-maintenance design, built to produce useful accessible power over broad rpm range.
- Transistorized electronic ignition and precise carburetion help keep the engine running efficiently, and deliver plentiful torque at low rpm.
- Two-into-one exhaust system adds invigorating note to the engine’s distinct pulses, yielding a good power delivery.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system effectively keeps emissions low.
- Front telescopic forks and rear monoshock absorber both tuned for exciting combination of precise handling and supple ride.
- Easily accessible seven-way preload adjuster of rear suspension allowing quick tailoring to rider’s preference.
- Front disc brake with two-piston caliper and rear disc brake provide excellent stopping power.
- Well-padded seat with enough seating space and comfortably positioned handlebars for easy in-town riding. Smooth seat surface for the rider to move around easily.
- 20-liter fuel tank, together with excellent engine fuel economy, means ample touring range.
- User-friendly features include comprehensive instrument cluster, convenient center stand and frame-mounted one-piece grab bar.
- Black-painted double-cradle frame, dark-silver engine finish and upswept tail section are visual reminders of the GS500’s high sport-riding potential.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement||487 cm3 (29.7 cu. in)|
|Bore x Stroke||74.0 mm x 56.6 mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.0 : 1|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||2080 mm (81.9 in)|
|Overall Width||800 mm (31.5 in)|
|Overall Height||1060 mm (41.7 in)|
|Wheelbase||1405 mm (55.3 in)|
|Ground Clearance||150 mm ( 5.9 in)|
|Seat Height||790 mm (31.1 in)|
|Curb Mass||193 kg (425 lbs)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Tires Front||110/70-17M/C 54H, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||130/70-17M/C 62H, tubeless|
|Ignition Type||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Fuel Tank||20.0 L (5.3 US gal)|