Suzuki’s GSX-R series hold a special place in the hearts of riders for being the kind of bike that offers sporty good looks with outstanding engine performance and crisp handling. It’s an ideal bike for any kind of activity, with a versatility that’s virtually unmatched in the industry.
The technical specs of the 2012 model remain largely the same, which can really be looked at in either a glass half-full or half-empty way depending on which side of the fence you’re on. While others might scoff at the relative lack of improvements from its predecessors, others continue to laud the GSX-R series for continuing its tradition as one of the best all-around bikes on the market.
For the latter, the GSX-R750’s 750cc, four-cylinder engine is the stuff where excitement is born. It comes with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio that provides exceptionally potent, high-revving performance while maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid RPM range. The bike’s powetrain set-up also makes use of forged pistons, shot-peened conrods, a chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes for outstanding engine performance.
A far as handling is concerned, the Suzuki GSX-R750 was given a lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame that’s made out of five cast sections and features a cast swingarm. An electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at lower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds. On the flip side, handling also plays a huge part in ensuring that the GSX-R50 stays in the best possible shape, getting equipped with front brakes that feature fully floating 310mm discs and radial-mounted, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers.
Find out more about the Suzuki GSX-R750 after the jump.
- A 750cc, four-cylinder engine with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio provides exceptionally potent, high-revving performance.
- Engine utilizes forged pistons, shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes for outstanding engine performance.
- Lightweight titanium-alloy valves are controlled by single valve spring to reduce mechanical losses.
- Class leading Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system includes fine-spray 8-hole injectors, providing improved fuel atomization contributing to more complete combustion in the cylinder.
- Advanced, race-developed transistorized ignition control circuit helps maintain more precise ignition timing across the range of engine temperatures.
- A 4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system features a titanium muffler, which carries a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve. The system maximizes torque and improves throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid RPM range.
- A six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Race-developed, lightweight Showa Big Piston front-Fork (BPF) delivers superb feedback and consistent performance.
- A single Showa rear shock features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
- A lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame is made of five cast sections and features a cast swingarm.
- An electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at lower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- Available in Metallic Triton Blue/Glass Sparkle White and new Marble Daytona Yellow/Glass Sparkle Black
|Bore Stroke||70.0 mm (2.756 in) x 48.7 mm (1.917 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Engine||750cc (45.8 cu. In), 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Color||Metallic Triton Blue/Glass Splash White and Marble Daytona Yellow/Glass Sparkle Black|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Curb Weight||190 kg (419 lbs)|
|Final Drive||RK525ROZ5Y, 116 links|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||17.0 L (4.5/3.7 US/Imp gal)|
|Ground Clearance||30 mm (5.12 in)|
|Overall Length||2030 mm (80.0 in)|
|Overall Width||710 mm (28.0 in)|
|Seat Height||810 mm (31.9 in)|
|Suspension Front||Inverted, telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Wheelbase||1390 mm (54.7 in)|
PowerSpecs----"hen for the ignition system on the Suzuki GSX-R750 uses transistorized With Electronic ignition. The ignition system are optimal to improve engine performance."