- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled,DOHC
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Fuel Injection
- 656 cc
The Suzuki GSX650F is one of the most capable models in its class and deals great with both city streets and race tracks. The new GSX650F is technically a low cost middleweight bike aimed at the novice raider or the economical commuter and offers a perfect mix between comfort and sportiness.
The Suzuki GSX650F is based on the European Bandit 650 naked model and is powered by an 656 cm inline-Four, liquid cooled engine mated on a six speed constant mesh transmission. The engine comes with Suzuki’s Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) digital fuel injection system which enhances power delivery and linear response.
A modern instrument panel keeps you posted on various stats such as an analog tachometer, LCD speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, clock , dual trip meters, reserve trip meter and gear position indicator as well as engine rpm indicator.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Suzuki GSX650F.
The Suzuki GSX650F is the fuel-injected proof that sportbikes don’t have to be one-dimensional.
Introducing the new GSX650F, featuring an ideal balance of sportbike excitement and all-around versatile performance.
It offers crisp handling, so you can turn any winding road into a ride to remember. Its liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine is tuned for strong low-end and midrange power, for smooth and easy riding around town.
Whether you’re on the back roads or the open highway, you’ll appreciate the GSX650F’s comfortable design, including a more upright seating position that makes all-day rides a pleasure. And the GSX650F has one more feature that you’ll appreciate - a price tag that will leave you smiling.
Inspired by the GSX-R range, the GSX650F has the dynamic styling of a fully faired sportsbike but offers all day comfort thanks to the cleverly designed riding position. Higher handlebars offer easier handling and coupled with lower footpegs , it becomes the perfect everyday sportsbike with striking looks. A smooth power delivery and great fuel efficiency make for a truly versatile performance fit for road or track.
The low ( 790mm ) seat height makes it easier for the rider to touch the ground at stand still and improved mobility when parking. A GSX-R style clock displays an analogue tachometer, a digital LCD speedometer, fuel gauge.
Features and Benefits
- 656cm3 4-cylinder fuel-injected engine built for broad power, fine response and excellent fuel economy. Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating makes for better heat transfer, ring seal while reducing blowby and mechanical losses.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) digital fuel injection system for improved power delivery and linear response. This system uses engine-computer-operated secondary valves to maintain optimum intake-air velocity for maximum combustion efficiency.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to ignite unburned hydrocarbons and reduce carbon monoxide emissions.
- Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and reduces emissions at start-up.
- 41mm-stanchion-tube KYB front forks with adjustable spring preload and a full 130mm (5.1 in) of stroke.
- Single-shock rear suspension features KYB shock absorber with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping.
- Double-cradle tubular steel frame designed with optimum torsional rigidity well-matched to the engine’s power and torque output.
- Dual 310mm (12.2 in) floating-disc front brakes with four-piston calipers and 240mm (9.5 in)-single disc rear brake.
- One-piece integrated rider/passenger seat designed for comfort with or without a passenger. A relatively low 790mm (31.1 in) seat height.
- Riding position chosen for a finely balanced mix of sportiness and all-around comfort.
- Instrumentation includes analog tachometer, LCD speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, clock, dual trip meters, reserve trip meter and gear position indicator as well as engine rpm indicator that can be programmed to remind the rider to upshift at any engine speed up to redline.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement||656 cm3 (40.0 cu. in)|
|Bore x Stroke||65.5 mm x 48.7 mm|
|Compression Ratio||11.5 : 1|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||2130 mm (83.9 in)|
|Overall Width||760 mm (29.9 in)|
|Overall Height||1235 mm (48.6 in)|
|Wheelbase||1470 mm (57.9 in)|
|Ground Clearance||125 mm ( 4.9 in)|
|Seat Height||790 mm (31.1 in)|
|Curb Mass GSX650F/FA||241 kg (531 lbs) / 245 kg (540 lds)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless|
|Ignition Type||Electronic ignition (Ttansistorized)|
|Fuel Tank||19.0 L (5.0 US gal)|