Ah yes, the Suzuki Hayabusa. Quite simply, this bike is definitely not for everyone. Considered the fastest and most powerful production sport bike on the market, the Hayabusa is reserved for only those that know what they’re doing riding on one. It’s superiority over everything else that makes it the pinnacle of all sports bikes, blending unparalleled performance with a stylish and sexy bodywork.
Few bikes can go stride for stride with the Hayabusa, especially when you consider that the bike is powered by a 1,340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel injected, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves and Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC), providing staggering power and uncompromising anger over anything that dares to cross its path. The Hayabusa’s engine is fed through Suzuki’s own SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) fuel injection system with dual 12-hole, fine-spray injectors per cylinder and a ram air intake with large volume air box. Likewise, the engine is mated to a six-speed transmission that features oil spray to the 4th, 5th, and 6th gears, reducing wear and mechanical noise whenever you take it out for a spine-tingling spin.
As far as the bike’s handling is concerned, the Hayabusa was designed to be as tough as it is powerful. A lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame serves as the bike’s chassis, minimizing the overall weight while also maintaining high torsional strength. A fully adjustable inverted front fork features DLC (Diamond-Like Coating) coated inner tubes whereas the front suspension offers minimal friction resistance and provides outstanding suspension performance over a variety of riding conditions. There’s also a bridged aluminum alloy swing arm that features a cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity while also improving the rear tire grip and increased engine output.
Suffice to say, the Suzuki Hayabusa is the conversation-ender in the world of sports bikes. Owning one equates to "owning" everybody else.
Find out more about the Suzuki Hayabusa after the jump.
- A 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel injected, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves and Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC) provides phenomenal power.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy pistons with a compression ratio of 12.5:1 are used for maximum performance in all connditions. Hard, smooth chrome-nitride Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating on the upper compression and oil control rings on each piston reduces friction while improving cylinder sealing.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- Lightweight titanium valves allow the use of light valve springs and high lift while maintaining accurate valve control. Iridium spark plugs are used for high combustion efficiency.
- The Hayabusa’s engine is fed via Suzuki’s SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) fuel injection system with dual 12-hole, fine-spray injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system ignites unburned hydrocarbons and reduces carbon monoxide emissions.
- S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences. T-*he Hayabusa comes with a large volume 4-2-1-2 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyzer, dual triangular canisters and closed loop system.
- A high efficiency curved radiator features dual electric fans controlled by the ECM for increased cooling capacity. The oil cooler has 10 row cores for increased heat dissipation.
- An optimized 6-speed transmission features oil spray to the 4th, 5th, and 6th gears to reduce wear and mechanical noise during highway cruising. Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
- A lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
- A fully adjustable inverted front fork features DLC (Diamond-Like Coating) coated inner tubes. The front suspension offers minimal friction resistance and provides outstanding suspension performance over a variety of riding conditions.
- A bridged aluminum alloy swingarm features a cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity, which also helps cope with improved rear tire grip and increased engine output. The Hayabusa’s fully adjustable rear shock absorber has a 43mm piston and 14mm rod diameter.
- Radial-mount front brake calipers offer maximum braking performance and allows for smaller 310mm front brake rotors resulting in reduced unsprung weight and improved handling. A lightweight single piston rear brake caliper works in conjunction with a 260mm rear brake disc.
- Vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity, improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the Hayabusa styling.
- The Hayabusa’s instrument cluster features four analog meters for speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and water temperature with a S-DMS mode indicator, gear position indicator and adjustable engine-rpm indicator.
|Displacement||1340cc, 4-stroke, Liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC|
|Fuel System||Suzuki fuel injection|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2190 mm (86.2 in)|
|Overall Width||735 mm (28.9 in)|
|Wheelbase||1480 mm (58.3 in)|
|Ground Clearance||120 mm (4.7 in)|
|Seat Height||805 mm (31.7 in)|
|Curb Weight||260 kg (573 lbs)|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Final Drive||Chain, RK GB50GSV Z4, 114 links|
|Suspension Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||190/50ZR17 M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||21.0 L (5.5 US gallons)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity CA||20.0 L (5.3 US gallons)|
|Color||Glass Sparkle Black and Pearl Glacier White|
Total Motorcycle----"The Suzuki Hayabusa, quite simply, isn’t for everyone. With performance credentials that have established it as the most exciting sportbike on the planet, it’s designed for serious sport riders who will settle for nothing less than the best."