Suzuki revealed the 2012 edition of its KingQuad ASi Camo. The new model features a series of technical upgrades which help it remain on the same line with its rivals. The main upgrades are represented by a new fuel injection system and a fresh digital speedometer.
The 2012 KingQuad 400ASi Camo continues to be powered by the same 376cc four-stroke, four-valve engine. The engine however, has received new cam profiles and inner structures of the muffler for increased performance. Additionally, Suzuki’s new fuel injection system makes the engine smoother in the mid-to-high range. The fuel injection system also uses 3-D ignition maps for optimum ignition and more efficiency. The engine’s power is sent to the wheels through Suzuki’s fully automatic QuadMatic CVT transmission. There is also available a high-low selectable sub-transmission which helps you tackle a wider variety of terrains.
The transmission is combined with a torque-sensing limited-slip front differential which enhances performance in 4WD mode and helps you steer easier.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Suzuki KingQuad 400ASi Camo.
2012 Suzuki KingQuad 400ASi Camo
For performance that rules, you can’t beat the Suzuki KingQuad 400 lineup. The KingQuad 400ASi (Automatic) offers an unrivaled combination of exciting sport performance and hard-working capabilities. The 2012 has Suzuki’s class-leading fuel injection and all-new digital speedometers.
So whether you’re tackling a tough job or a tough trail, you’ll appreciate their impressive torque and remarkably wide powerband. It also lets you select two- or four-wheel drive operation quickly and conveniently, which gives it the versatility to handle rough conditions, daunting chores — or let you enjoy a backwoods getaway. Its aggressive styling also reflects its willingness to take on tough jobs.
KingQuad 400ASi: with a strong powerplant engineered for impressive torque across a wide powerband and a technically advanced QuadMatic™ transmission, the Suzuki KingQuad 400ASi 4x4 Automatic offers exciting sport performance matched by hard-working capabilities.
- The 2011 KingQuad 400ASi Camo has Suzuki’s class-leading fuel injection and comes with a new digital speedometer.
- The KingQuad 400ASi Camo features a fuel-injected 376cc four-stroke, four-valve engine with new cam profiles and inner structures of the muffler (for more powerful and efficient performance).
- Suzuki’s class-leading fuel injection contributes to smooth power output, especially, in the mid-to-high range, as well as more consistent cold starts. The fuel injection system uses 3-D ignition maps for optimum ignition, targeting a responsive yet environmentally efficient performance.
- Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS) with factory-installed oil cooler and thermostat-controlled cooling fan helps cool engine during hard work or under excessive load.
- The KingQuad 400ASi Camo comes with electric start. A start-in-gear system—functional when the rear brake is applied—allows starting the engine without shifting to neutral when conditions warrant.
- Suzuki’s technically advanced QuadMatic transmission—a fully automatic, CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with high-low range and reverse. Its advanced engine-braking system minimizes free-wheeling with the throttle off and helps control the vehicle during steep descents. (400ASi only)
- You can select two- or four-wheel drive operation with the flip of a handlebar-mounted lever. The KingQuad 400ASi Camo shaft drive system is reliable and durable, and provides nearly maintenance-free operation.
- A torque-sensing limited-slip front differential provides maximum traction and light steering effort when in 4WD mode.
- High-low selectable sub-transmission helps provide maximum versatility over a variety of terrain. An automotive gate-type gearshift lever lets you conveniently choose high- or low-range, neutral or reverse.
- Suzuki’s innovative and exclusive T-shaped seat provides maximum rider mobility during sport riding and while tackling difficult terrain.
- Overall length is under 82 inches so KingQuad 400ASi Camo 4x4 fits into a 6.5-foot truck bed.
- Independent front A-arm suspension design offers smooth performance and remarkable ground clearance and allows 6.7 inches of wheel travel.
- A swingarm rear-suspension system with 6.7 inches of wheel travel and class-exclusive twin shock absorbers provides agile handling and plush responsiveness.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes feature calipers with a large 34mm piston diameter and maximum brake-pad surface area for increased stopping power and outstanding durability.
- Large, 25-inch Maxxis tires with aggressive dual-stage treaded pattern offers consistent traction in wet conditions and a quiet, smooth ride on hard-packed trails.
- Lightweight and strong plastic skid plates, sturdy enough to withstand pounding of trail hazards yet slippery to help let obstacles slide below.
Utility / Convenience Features
- Wrinkle paint finish on the racks and front bumper are durable and scratch resistance. Heavy-duty front and rear carrying racks let you easily take advantage of superb cargo-carrying capabilities.
- LCD digital instrumentation includes speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hour meter, clock, fuel gauge and indicator lams for reverse gear, neutral, oil and FI.
- Automotive-style DC power outlet on front fender. A winch-ready chassis and factory-installed flexible tube routing for wiring make winch installation simple.
- Large 4.2-gallon fuel tank with fuel gauge for outstanding riding range.
- Full floorboards with integrated raised footpegs provide protection.
- Water-resistant underseat rear storage compartment.
- Minimum Age: 16 Years Old.
|Overall Length||2060 mm (81.0 in)|
|Overall Width||1145 mm (45.1 in)|
|Wheelbase||1270 mm (50.0 in)|
|Ground Clearance||250 mm (9.8 in)|
|Seat Height||840 mm (33.1 in)|
|Curb Weight||285 kg (628 lbs)|
|Transmission||Automatic variable ratio (V-belt), with high-/low-range, and reverse|
|Final Drive||Shaft drive|
|Suspension Front||Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Drum brake|
|Tires Front||AT25 x 8-12, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||AT25 x 10-12, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||16.0 L (4.2 US gallons)|
|Color||Realtree Hardwoods HD Enhanced camouflage|
|Bore Stroke||82.0 mm (3.228 in) x 71.2 mm (2.803 in)|
|Displacement||376cc, 4-stroke, Air-cooled with SACS, single cylinder, OHC|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (transistorized)|
|Fuel System||Suzuki fuel injection|
|Warranty||12 month limited warranty.|