The Suzuki QuadSPort Z400 Limited received a series of upgrades for 2013 which help it remain on top of the pack.
The 2013 Suzuki QuadSport Z400 Limited is equipped with a strong 398cc 4-stroke, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled Dual Overhead Cam engine with counter- balancer, CDI ignition and electric start system with includes Start-In-Gear feature. The last two are powered by a compact maintenance-free battery.
An important new feature for 2013 is the new fuel-injection system which features a 36mm throttle body and 12-hole injector. There is also a new Engine Control Unit which uses a 16-bit CPU and a 96-kilobyte ROM unit.
Other upgrades for the 2013 Suzuki QuadSport Z400 Limited include a wider front track (+25mm), wider footpegs and improved rigidity for the chassis.
As far as styling goes, the 2013 model features a sharper design language which gives it a more athletic stance.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Suzuki QuadSport Z400 Limited
2012 Suzuki QuadSport Z400 Limited
The 2012 lightning-quick QuadSport Z400 features Suzuki’s Fuel Injection system that gives it cleaner, quicker and stronger acceleration than ever. It’s the ideal machine for exciting sport riding on the track, in the sand or in the woods.
- Suzuki fuel-injection system features a 36mm throttle body and 12-hole injector that delivers the fuel/air mix in an efficient fine-mist spray pattern
- Engine Control Unit uses a 16-bit CPU and a 96-kilobyte ROM unit. The system is programmed to obtain improved traction by selecting the optimum injection volume, injection timing and ignition timing based on throttle position, engine rpm, and other data monitored
- Front track is widened by 25mm to improve overall handling stability feel New styling reflects the powerful attitude of the QuadRacer R450, including the sharp fenders, the overall slim design and the removable headlight
- The chassis’s rigidity balance is changed to improve handling stability, chassis strength and overall performance, particularly in rough terrain
- The footpegs are now 46mm wide - same as the QuadRacer R450
The 2012 Suzuki QuadSport Z400 is re-engineered for high-performance off-road four-wheeling with smooth power-output and throttle response from Suzuki fuel injection
- Compact & lightweight 398cc 4-stroke, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled Dual Overhead Cam engine with counter- balancer tuned for tractable power over a wide rpm range
- Convenient electric start system includes Start-In-Gear feature - electric start system and CDI ignition are powered by compact maintenance-free battery
- Dry-sump lubrication system allows a compact crankcase and minimal engine height for optimum engine placement - oil tank is frame-mounted in front of the exhaust head pipes
- Liquid-cooling system with high-capacity radiator and thermostatically controlled cooling fan provides consistent engine operating temperature
- Five-speed transmission with cable-operated clutch includes an easy-to-use reverse gear system: turn the fender-mounted knob and shift to reverse using the gear shift lever
- Long-travel, independent double A-arm front suspension with fully adjustable, piggyback reservoir-style shock absorbers - provides 8.5 in. of wheel travel
- Linkage-type rear suspension features fully adjustable, piggyback reservoir-style shock absorber with 9.1 in. of wheel travel, plus 10.4 in. of ground clearance
- Dual 30/30W, vertically-mounted halogen headlights provide a bold look and bright illumination - large 5/21W taillight/brake light combination
- Front brake lever position adjustment mechanism is changed to the same system used on the high-performance QuadRacer R450, making brake adjustments much easier.
- Large 2.5-gallon fuel tank with two mounting points for quick removal and simplified maintenance
- Large 6.9 inch dual front disc brakes and single 8.6 inch rear disc brake
- Lightweight aluminum alloy wheels (F: 10.0 x 5.5, R: 9.0 x 8.0), and radial tires (F: 22 x 7-10, R: 20x10-9), for reduced unsprung weight
- Lightweight, high tensile steel-alloy frame and removable steel sub-frame, plus aluminum swingarm
- Rear axle shaft taper is changed to heighten rigidity balance and provide optimum performance in conjunction with changes made to front track.
- Minimum Age: 16 years old.
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Curb Weight||193 kg (425 lbs)|
|Final Drive||RK 520SMOZ10S, 96 links|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||9.1 L (2.4/2.0 US/Imp gal)|
|Ground Clearance||265 mm (10.4 in)|
|Overall Length||1830 mm (72.0 in)|
|Overall Width||1190 mm (46.9 in)|
|Seat Height||810 mm (31.9 in)|
|Suspension Front||Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Tires Front||AT22 × 7 R10 tubeless|
|Tires Rear||AT20 × 10 R9 tubeless|
|Transmission||5-speed forward with reverse|
|Wheelbase||1245 mm (49.0 in)|
|Bore Stroke||90.0 mm (3.543 in) x 62.6 mm (2.465 in)|
|Compression Ratio||11.3 : 1|
|Engine||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Warranty||12 month limited warranty.|