- fuel-injected, DOHC, titanium four-valve, semi-dry-sump, four-stroke engine
- five-speed transmission
- 249 L
Motocross racers are always on the hunt for a bike that they can use to compete in a variety of races all over the world. If you’ve got Suzuki in your sights, then you can do yourself a favor and choose the new RM-Z250 to achieve your goal.
When it comes to all-around motocross racing versatility, the RM-Z250 comes with plenty of that and more. The compact and lightweight 249cc, fuel-injected, DOHC, titanium four-valve, semi-dry-sump, four-stroke engine produces enough power to make it a competitive motocross racer. Couple that with a five-speed transmission that provides extra flexibility, an advanced, battery-less fuel-injection (FI) system that features a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage, and a 16-bit computer, and you have an engine set-up that can be as competitive as any other motocross bike on the market.
In addition to its impressive engine configuration, the RM-Z250 also differentiates itself with a twin-spar aluminum frame and an aluminum swing arm that has been developed and refined for a highly optimized balance between rigidity and superb high-speed traction. Adding to the mix is class-leading Showa suspension components that allow for a comfortable and easy-to-use ride. Race-inspired brake disc rotors are also offered, enhancing cooling performance and efficient mud slinging
while footpeg brackets have been shaped to help prevent mud from clogging.
With superb power and state-of-the-art handling characteristics, the RM-Z250 is also a picture of comfort. A gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on the top surface, provide additional grip while high-quality Renthal handlebars featuring a tapered design are fixed to the rubber mounted triple clamp, ensuring that riders are well-equipped when they’re riding motocross competitions around the world.
Hit the jump for more details on the Suzuki RM-Z250.
- The RM-Z is powered by a compact and lightweight 249cc, fuel-injected, DOHC, titanium four-valve, semi-dry-sump, four-stroke engine. Its advanced, battery-less fuel-injection (FI) system, features a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage and a 16-bit computer.
- The engine’s aluminum cylinder is treated with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating. The cylinder is built for durability, is light weight and the coating allows for efficient heat transfer.
- The FI system uses a unique capacitor-assisted starting system, and is powered by a durable, lightweight magneto-generator after starting.
- A sturdy connecting rod and mirror finishing permits a stunning 13,500-rpm maximum engine speed.
- A 5-speed transmission provides extra flexibility, offering gear ratios suited for various terrains and conditions.
- Race-inspired brake disc rotors offer enhanced cooling performance and efficient mud slinging.
- Smart chassis design details include footpeg brackets shaped to help prevent mud from clogging.
- The RM-Z250 features a twin-spar aluminum frame and aluminum swingarm developed and refined for a highly optimized balance between rigidity and superb high-speed traction.
- A gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on the top surface, provide additional grip.
- High-quality Renthal handlebars featuring a tapered design are fixed to the rubber mounted triple clamp.
- Radiator louvers (for the twin side-mounted aluminum-alloy radiators) are joined to the outer bodywork to add strength without adding weight.
- Inverted twin chamber Showa 47mm forks and Showa piggyback shock designed with emphasis on smooth shock absorption and ample bottoming resistance. Tuned to offer superb handling for a wide range of riders, the suspension delivers excellent traction without sacrificing quick-turning ability.
- The RM-Z250 meets stricter AMA noise limit (94db) while keeping smooth engine output.
- New graphics complete the 2012 package. In addition, the number plates have a black background to conform to rules for competition numbers.
|Engine||249cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC|
|Bore Stroke||77.0mm (3.03 in) x 53.6mm (2.11 in)|
|Fuel System||Suzuki fuel injection|
|Lubrication||Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS)|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Overall Length||2170 mm (85.4 in)|
|Overall Width||830 mm (32.7 in)|
|Overall Height||1070 mm (42.1 in)|
|Wheelbase||1475 mm (58.1 in)|
|Ground Clearance||345 mm (13.6 in)|
|Seat Height||955 mm (37.6 in)|
|Curb Weight||104.5 kg (230 lbs)|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Final Drive||Chain, DID520DMA4, 114 links|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic inverted, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm, link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Tires Front||80/100-21 51M, tube type|
|Tires Rear||100/90-19 57M, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6.5 L (1.7 US gallons)|
Ultimate Motorcycling----"And with each year, the RMZ250 continues to get more powerful and lighter, and 2012 is no exception. The 2012 Suzuki RM-Z 250 features a fully-adjustable Showa inverted front suspension, Suzuki Fuel Injection, and powerful four-stroke liquid-cooled four-valve 250cc engine that produce balanced, effective power with strong mid-range torque and responsive acceleration for impressive performance on the track."