- 4-stroke, 1-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Fuel Injection
- 449 cc
- Top Speed:
- 110 mph
The Suzuki RMX450Z was developed especially for off road use, thereby it features a rugged and powerful character.
The 2012 RMX450Z shares much of its DNA to Suzuki’s RM-Z450 and is powered by a 449cc 4-stroke , liquid-cooled DOHC engine which carries enough power to impress even the most demanding riders. The engine has also received a few tweaks including a customized inlet tract and adjusted cam profiles which have the role to increase low and mid-rpm power.
Finally, the 2012 RMX450Z also has a proven Keihin fuel injection system from the RM-Z bike and a five-speed constant mesh transmission that not only provides improved responsiveness, but has wider gear ratios, too.
Other features offered by the 2012 Suzuki RMX450Z include an electric starter, two-mode instrument cluster, a lightning kit , a back-up kick start, and a large magneto-generator.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Suzuki RMX450Z.
2012 Suzuki RMX450Z
Serious Performance Anywhere, Anytime
A powerful and torquey fuel-injected 449cm3 engine is the core feature of this off-road runner. Combine that with a slim and aggressively-styled chassis and bodywork and you have the makings of a bike that’s ready to tackle whatever road you decide to go to.
In addition to its style and mechanics, the RMX450Z also boasts of an electric starter, a fully-functioning, two-mode instrument cluster, and most impressive of all, shared core technologies with Suzuki’s Championship-winning open-class motocrosser.
Features and Benefits
- 449cm3 4-stroke, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected DOHC powerplant based on that of Suzuki’s winning open-class motocrosser RM-Z450.
- Trail-ready features include an electric starter powered by a compact battery, a coolant reservoir tank and an engine protector plate.
- A larger magneto-generator is fitted to charge the battery and power the lights.
- Advanced fuel-injection system makes for extra-smooth power delivery, high fuel efficiency, superb reliability and reduced emissions.
- The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air-filter maintenance and better protection from dust.
- Minimal modifications from the motocrosser engine include modified inlet tract and revised cam profiles to increase low and mid-rpm power.
- 5-speed transmission with wide gear ratios and primary/final drive ratios selected to suit various situations from steep trails to open terrain.
- The aluminum-alloy twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve low weight with high rigidity and high durability.
- RM-Z450-derived, trail-ready suspension, using high-performance Showa forks and Showa piggyback-reservoir style rear shock.
- Rear suspension linkage geometry combines the RM series’ renowned turning-on-rails abilities with optimized handling performance for trail rides.
- The aluminum-alloy swingarm, derived from RM-Z450, to maintain ideal balance, while the rear suspension linkage benefits from reduced free play.
- Motocross-developed seat, slim bodywork and low-profile aluminum-alloy fuel tank together compose a comfortable, ergonomical riding position.
- The full-function, two (sport/standard) mode instrument cluster in a durable, ultra-compact housing includes a low fuel level warning light.
- Useful two-mode instrument display; Sport mode simply shows timer, tripmeter, average speed and tire-diameter correction.
- Standard mode also shows speed, time, two trip lengths and voltage.
- An integrated tire diameter calculator allows precise fine tuning for different tires to ensure accuracy of the speed and distance displays.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 1-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement||449 cm3 (27.4 cu. in)|
|Bore x Stroke||96.0 mm x 62.1 mm|
|Compression Ratio||11.6 : 1|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||2185 mm (86.0 in)|
|Overall Width||840 mm (33.1 in)|
|Overall Height||1265 mm (49.8 in)|
|Wheelbase||1485 mm (58.5 in)|
|Ground Clearance||320 mm (12.6 in)|
|Seat Height||950 mm (37.4 in)|
|Curb Mass||123.5 kg (272 lbs)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Tires Front||80/100-21 51M, tube type|
|Tires Rear||110/100-18 64M, tube type|
|Ignition Type||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6.2 L (1.6 US gal)|