The Suzuki SV650SA is a pretty versatile sport motorcycle which feels similarly comfortable on both the race tracks and city streets.
The 2012 model features a full fairing , a solo seat cover and ABS as standard equipment. The motorcycle is built on a light yet rigid aluminum-alloy truss frame which is combined with a high tech suspension on the front and rear.
The bike’s center piece is a capable 645cm3 liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine that has been tuned to deliver a great powerband with crisp throttle response and strong acceleration in every gear. Additionally the Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS) contributes to easy engine start.
Among the high quality engine components you’ll find cast-aluminum-alloy pistons shaped to minimize reciprocating weight and shot-peened chrome-moly-steel connecting rods. Power is sent to the rear wheel through a six speed constant mesh transmission.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Suzuki SV650SA.
2012 Suzuki SV650SA
Roads. Try Them All, Enjoy Them All
It doesn’t matter where or which way you go; what matters is how you go there. The Suzuki SV650SA and its smart combination of advanced features - a lively V-Twin engine with innovative SDTV fuel injection, aluminum-alloy truss frame, a sleek half fairing, comfortable riding position and more - is a bike that has been created to make every trip a sure-fire exhilarating experience. Anywhere. Anytime. The Suzuki SV650SA is there to keep you on the edge of your seat.
What You Need To Know About The Suzuki SV650SA
- 645cm3, liquid-cooled, 90-degree V-Twin engine is tuned to deliver broad powerband and crisp throttle response with class-leading power and torque.
- High-quality engine components include cast-aluminum-alloy pistons shaped to minimize reciprocating weight and shot-peened chrome-moly-steel connecting rods.
- Downdraft, straight-port cylinder head and compact 11.5:1 compression ratio combustion chamber for efficient combustion.
- Innovative Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) digital fuel injection system, featuring secondary butterfly valve in each 39mm throttle body, brings more seamless, linear throttle response along with strong torque at low-to-mid rpm range.
- Auto Fast Idle System (AFIS) contributes to easy engine start.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system further reduces exhaust emissions.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction. (SV650SA only)
- Large 8.5-liter airbox with free-flowing, flat, pleated-element air filter, efficient muffler and air-cooled oil cooler support the engine’s high performance.
- Innovative aluminum-alloy truss frame’s right and left sections are each made as a single die-casting using high- vacuum moulding technology, resulting in a highly efficient design and sophisticated appearance with less welding.
- 41mm-stanchion-tube front forks and progressive-link rear suspension both have adjustable spring preload.
- Compact and functional instrument cluster with analog tachometer above a liquid-crystal display for speedometer, odometer/trip meter, coolant-temperature gauge, oil-pressure-warning indicator and clock.
- Dual multi-reflector halogen and LED tailight laid out in two vertical strips.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90° V-Twin|
|Engine Displacement||645 cm3 (39.4 cu. in)|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Compression Ratio||11.5 : 1|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||SV650S/SV650SA 2085 mm (82.1 in) / 2120 (83.5 in)|
|Overall Width||730 mm (28.7 in)|
|Overall Height||1170 mm (46.1 in)|
|Wheelbase SV650S/SV650SA||1425 mm (56.1 in) / 1470 (57.9 in)|
|Ground Clearance||155 mm ( 6.1 in)|
|Seat Height||800 mm (31.5 in)|
|Curb mass SV650S/SV650SA||196 kg (432 lbs) / 199 kg (439 lbs)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||120/60ZR17M/C (55W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless|
|Ignition Type||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Fuel Tank||17.0 L (4.5 US gal)|