The Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS is a sporty scooter that puts comfort and practicality on top of its priorities list. It was built around a 400cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, DOHC engine which sends its power to the rear wheel through an automatic transmission.
The Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS comes with a spacious seat, an adjustable backrest, a pretty big windscreen and a plush suspension that gives you a hassle free riding experience.
Once on board you are met by an easy-to-read instrument panel that includes a speedometer, tachometer, odometer, twin tripmeters, clock, indicators for the ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel level and coolant temperature.
The stopping power is handled by twin front discs paired with a rear disc brake and an ABS system.
The Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS is offered with a base price of $7,899.
Hit the jump for more information on the Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS.
The Burgman 400 ABS is striking in style and flowing with comfort. Powered by a 400cc liquid-cooled engine, the Burgman 400 ABS is a blast to ride around town. With plush suspension, stepped seating, and an adjustable backrest, each ride is as comfortable as the last. Whether you’re transporting lunch to the country-side or picking up some groceries, the huge underseat compartment has got you covered. Each scooter utilizes Suzuki’s advanced fuel injection system to ensure a crisp throttle response. Simply put, the Burgman 400 ABS is the ultimate scooter for style and performance.
- For added security, the ignition switch fitted with a magnetic cover that opens only with correctly coded key.
- A huge storage bay large enough for two full-face helmets, and a smaller compartment for personal items. A convenient switchable light is also included to illuminate the underseat area.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS*) monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.
- This Burgman comes with a 400cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, fuel-injected engine that was designed to produce broad, useable power with quiet operation and low maintenance.
- Suzuki electronic Idle Speed Control (ISC) helps improve cold starting and reduce cold-start emissions and stabilize engine idle under varying conditions.
- User friendly to the core, a belt-drive, CVT transmission is fully automatic.
- A 3.6 gallon fuel tank allows for long distances between fuel stops.
- A high-tensile steel-tube frame combines strength and rigidity for precise handling.
- Telescopic front forks with 41mm inner tubes have a generous 4.3 in of wheel travel, while a motorcycle-style link-type monoshock rear suspension offers adjustable preload, providing 3.9 in of wheel travel with responsive handling and exceptional maneuverability.
- Available in Metallic Thunder Gray/Glass Sparkle Black and Black.
- The easy-to-read instrumentation includes a speedometer, tachometer, odometer, twin tripmeters, clock, indicators for the ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel level and coolant temperature.
- Convenient electric start with a maintenance-free battery helps provide quick and easy starts.
- A convenient parking brake has easy-to-use, single-layer operation conveniently located in the front bodywork that will apply a lock system that acts on the rear brake when parked.
- Abundant luggage space includes a huge storage bay large enough for two full-face helmets, and a smaller compartment for personal items.
- Front bodywork contains three covered storage compartments, including a large 10-liter compartment and two smaller compartments above it. A convenient DC power outlet allows you to charge electric devices while on the move.
- The comfortable well-padded seat is dual-stepped, while the rider’s backrest is adjustable in five 10mm increments at the press of a lever.
- A security gate allows a chain lock to be passed through the bodywork around the frame.
|Engine||400cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 77.6 mm (3.19 in x 3.06 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Final Drive||V-belt Drive|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Tires Front||120/80-14 M/C 58S, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||150/70-13 M/C, 64S tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||3.5 US - Including Reserve|
|Color||Metallic Thunder Gray/Glass Sparkle Black and Black|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2270 mm (89.4 in)|
|Overall Width||825 mm (32.5 in)|
|Wheelbase||1585 mm (62.4 in)|
|Ground Clearance||125 mm (4.9 in)|
|Seat Height||710 mm (28.0 in)|
|Curb Weight||222 kg (489 lbs.)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|