- 4-stroke, air-cooled, OHC
- 5-speed constant mesh
- MIKUNI VM20SS
- 124 cc
When it comes to compact motocross bikes the Suzuki DR-Z125 is among the top dogs in the business. Featuring a lightweight construction, sharp-cut fenders and sporty suspensions, the Suzuki DR-Z125 is ready to go head to head with the toughest tracks without breaking a sweat.
This tough bike is built on a lightweight, high rigidity steel pipe frame linked to a modern rear swingarm that was carefully forged to be perfectly suited for tough tasks.
As far as power is concerned, the Suzuki DR-Z125 sports a 124 cc, 4-stroke, air cooled OHC engine mated on a five speed constant mesh transmission.
It is also worthy of being mentioned that the motorcycle’s speed is kept in leash by a set of lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
The 2013 Suzuki DR-Z125 is offered with a starting price of $3,099 and comes with a 6 months warranty.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Suzuki DR-Z125.
Inspired by Suzuki’s championship-winning RM-Z motocross bikes, the DR-Z125 has sharp-looking fenders, number plates, and frame covers. It’s lightweight and strong powerband allows the DR-Z to rise to any challenge. When you’ve got a DR-Z, the whole world looks a little different. You start seeing whoops, jumps, and washboards everywhere you look.
- Aggressively styled bodywork, number plates and graphics built to look exactly like the race winning RM-Z competition models
- Compact 124cc 4-stroke, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine provides a strong low-to-mid range power range that can be easily handled.
- Precise digital CDI ignition system with an ignition-timing map tuned to optimize the engine’s power characteristics.
- MIKUNI VM20SS carburetor contributes to excellent throttle response.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) - plated cylinder for durability, lightweight and superior heat transfer.
- Five-speed transmission with link-type gearshift system for precise operation and positive feel.
- Lightweight, high rigidity steel pipe frame and rear swingarm are designed specifically to create a compact, fully-sized off road machine.
- The seat and bodywork design provides a seamless surface for easy maneuverability.
- Strong braking performance provided by lightweight front and rear drum brakes.
- Telescopic front forks and link-type rear suspension provide long wheel travel and smooth, progressive action for enhancing enjoyable, comfortable ride.
- The rear shock absorber spring preload is fully adjustable for a wide range of riding conditions.
- A lightweight plastic skid plate helps protect the bottom of the engine.
- 30.5 inch seat height.
- Lightweight aluminum rims (17-inch front/14-inch rear) for reduced weight provide agile handling and improved suspension performance.
|Engine||124cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, OHC|
|Bore x Stroke||2.244.60 in x 1.921 in|
|Compression Ratio||9.5 : 1|
|Fuel System||MIKUNI VM20SS|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Drum brake|
|Brakes Rear||Drum brake|
|Tires Front||70/100-17 40M, tube type|
|Tires Rear||90/100-14 49M, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||1.1 US - Including Reserve|
|Color||Champion Yellow / Solid Black|
|Overall Length||1835 mm (72.2 in)|
|Overall Width||770 mm (30.3 in)|
|Overall Height||1085 mm (42.7 in)|
|Wheelbase||1245 mm (49.0 in)|
|Ground Clearance||260 mm (10.2 in)|
|Seat Height||775 mm (30.5 in)|
|Curb Weight||88 kg (194 lbs)|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Final Drive||DID 428HG, 122 links|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Warranty||6 months unlimited mileage limited warranty.|