The Suzuki QuadSport Z400 is an exciting ATV especially created to “fly” over tough terrains with poise.
At the heart of this compact mechanical beast lies a 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine that sends its power to the rear wheel through a modern transmission.
The stopping power is handled by large 6.9 inch dual front disc brakes paired with a single 8.6 inch rear disc brake. There is also a convenient front brake lever position adjustment mechanism that allows brake adjustments to be significantly easier.
The ATV’s Backbone is represented by a lightweight, high tensile steel-alloy frame which is combined with a removable steel sub-frame and an aluminum swingarm.
To help it deal with tough terrains with agility, the ATV needed a set of capable suspensions. Therefore, Suzuki equipped its QuadSPort Z400 with a long-travel, independent double A-arm front suspension with fully adjustable, piggyback reservoir-style shock absorbers. Out back you get a linkage-type rear suspension that also features a fully adjustable, piggyback reservoir-style shock absorber.
Hit the jump for more information on the Suzuki QuadSport Z400.
The 2013 QuadSport Z400 features Suzuki’s Fuel Injection system that provides a cleaner, quicker, and stronger acceleration than ever before. It’s the ideal four-wheeler for exciting sport riding on the track, in the sand, or in the woods. Whether you’re an avid racer or just out for a quick ride, our sport quads are the most fun you can have on four wheels.
- The chassis’s rigidity balance is changed to improve handling stability, chassis strength and overall performance, particularly in rough terrain.
- The 2013 Suzuki QuadSport Z400 is engineered for high-performance off-road four-wheeling with smooth power-output and throttle response from Suzuki fuel injection.
- Five-speed transmission with cable-operated clutch includes an easy-to-use reverse gear system: turn the fender-mounted knob and shift to reverse using the gear shift lever.
- Minimum Age: 16 years old.
- Liquid-cooling system with high-capacity radiator and thermostatically controlled cooling fan provides consistent engine operating temperature.
- Engine Control Unit uses a 16-bit CPU and a 96-kilobyte ROM unit. The system is programmed to obtain improved traction by selecting the optimum injection volume, injection timing and ignition timing based on throttle position, engine rpm, and other data monitored.
- Compact, lightweight 398cc 4-stroke, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled Dual Overhead Cam engine with counter-balancer tuned for tractable power over a wide rpm range.
- Suzuki fuel-injection system features a 36mm throttle body and 12-hole injector that delivers the fuel/air mix in an efficient fine-mist spray pattern.
- Dry-sump lubrication system allows a compact crankcase and minimal engine height for optimum engine placement - oil tank is frame-mounted in front of the exhaust head pipes.
- Convenient electric start system includes Start-In-Gear feature - electric start system and CDI ignition are powered by compact maintenance-free battery.
- A high performance front brake lever position adjustment mechanism allows brake adjustments to be much easier.
- Large 6.9 inch dual front disc brakes and single 8.6 inch rear disc brake.
- The footpegs are 46mm wide.
- Lightweight, high tensile steel-alloy frame and removable steel sub-frame, plus aluminum swingarm.
- Long-travel, independent double A-arm front suspension with fully adjustable, piggyback reservoir-style shock absorbers - provides 8.5 in. of wheel travel.
- Front track is widened by 25mm to improve overall handling stability feel.
- Large 2.5-gallon fuel tank with two mounting points for quick removal and simplified maintenance.
- Dual 30/30W, vertically-mounted halogen headlights provide a bold look and bright illumination - large 5/21W taillight/brake light combination.
- Rear axle shaft taper is changed to heighten rigidity balance and provide optimum performance in conjunction with changes made to front track.
- Linkage-type rear suspension features fully adjustable, piggyback reservoir-style shock absorber with 9.1 in. of wheel travel, plus 10.4 in. of ground clearance.
- Styling reflects a powerful attitude with sharp fenders, an overall slim design, and a removable headlight.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy wheels (F: 10.0 x 5.5, R: 9.0 x 8.0), and radial tires (F: 22 x 7-10, R: 20x10-9), for reduced unsprung weight.
|Engine||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Bore Stroke||90.0 mm (3.543 in) x 62.6 mm (2.465 in)|
|Compression Ratio||11.3 : 1|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Color||White and Championship Yellow / Black|
|Curb Weight||193 kg (425 lbs)|
|Final Drive||RK 520SMOZ10S, 96 links|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||9.1 L (2.4/2.0 US/Imp gal)|
|Ground Clearance||265 mm (10.4 in)|
|Overall Length||1830 mm (72.0 in)|
|Overall Width||1190 mm (46.9 in)|
|Seat Height||810 mm (31.9 in)|
|Suspension Front||Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Tires Front||AT22 × 7 R10 tubeless|
|Tires Rear||AT20 × 10 R9 tubeless|
|Transmission||5-speed forward with reverse|
|Wheelbase||1245 mm (49.0 in)|
|Warranty||12 month limited warranty.|