The 2014 Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS is a modern scooter that delivers a high level of comfort, great efficiency and a good maneuverability.
The scooter sports a 400 cc, 4 stroke, liquid cooled, single cylinder, DOHC engine which is brought to life by an electric starter. The engine is fueled by a 3.5 gallons fuel tank and is brought to life by an electric starter. Its power is kept in leash by a CVT automatic transmission.
The 2014 Burgman 400 ABS comes with a big, illuminated storage bay which is large enough for two full-face helmets and a smaller compartment for personal items.
You also get an antilock Brake System (ABS) that monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction. The ABS is combined with twin disc brakes up front and rear discs at the back.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Burgman 400 ABS.
The Burgman 400 ABS is striking in style and flowing with comfort. Powered by a 400cc liquid-cooled engine, the Burgman 400 ABS is a blast to ride around town. With plush suspension, stepped seating, and an adjustable backrest, each ride is as comfortable as the last. Whether you’re transporting lunch to the country-side or picking up some groceries, the huge underseat compartment has got you covered. Each scooter utilizes Suzuki’s advanced fuel injection system to ensure a crisp throttle response. Simply put, the Burgman 400 ABS is the ultimate scooter for style and performance.
- For added security, the ignition switch is fitted with a magnetic cover that opens only with correctly coded key.
- A huge storage bay large enough for two full-face helmets, and a smaller compartment for personal items. A convenient switchable light is also included to illuminate the underseat area.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS*) monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction. *ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.
- This Burgman comes with a 400cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, fuel-injected engine that was designed to produce broad, useable power with quiet operation and low maintenance.
- Suzuki electronic Idle Speed Control (ISC) helps improve cold starting and reduce cold-start emissions and stabilize engine idle under varying conditions. TRANSMISSION
- User friendly to the core, a belt-drive, CVT transmission is fully automatic.
- A 3.6 gallon fuel tank allows for long distances between fuel stops.
- A high-tensile steel-tube frame combines strength and rigidity for precise handling.
- Telescopic front forks with 41mm inner tubes have a generous 4.3 in of wheel travel, while a motorcycle-style link-type monoshock rear suspension offers adjustable preload, providing 3.9 in of wheel travel with responsive handling and exceptional maneuverability.
- Glass Sparkle Black
- The easy-to-read instrumentation includes a speedometer, tachometer, odometer, twin tripmeters, clock, indicators for the ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel level and coolant temperature.
- Convenient electric start with a maintenance-free battery helps provide quick and easy starts.
- A convenient parking brake has easy-to-use, single-layer operation conveniently located in the front bodywork that will apply a lock system that acts on the rear brake when parked.
- Abundant luggage space includes a huge storage bay large enough for two full-face helmets, and a smaller compartment for personal items.
- Front bodywork contains three covered storage compartments, including a large 10-liter compartment and two smaller compartments above it. A convenient DC power outlet allows you to charge electric devices while on the move.
- The comfortable well-padded seat is dual-stepped, while the rider’s backrest is adjustable in five 10mm increments at the press of a lever.
- A security gate allows a chain lock to be passed through the bodywork around the frame.
|Engine||400cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 77.6 mm (3.19 in x 3.06 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Final Drive||V-belt Drive|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Tires Front||120/80-14 M/C 58S, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||150/70-13 M/C, 64S tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||3.5 US - Including Reserve|
|Color||Glass Sparkle Black|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2270 mm (89.4 in)|
|Overall Width||825 mm (32.5 in)|
|Wheelbase||1585 mm (62.4 in)|
|Ground Clearance||125 mm (4.9 in)|
|Seat Height||710 mm (28.0 in)|
|Curb Weight||222 kg (489 lbs.)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty|