Luxurious and spacious, the 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS is a maxi scooter designed for those who want the comfort offered by a scooter and the performances of a big displacement engine.
Talking about the engine, the 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS is offered with a 638 cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 2-cylinder, DOHC engine which is paired with an automatic transmission.
The scooter is built on a tubular frame and an aluminum-alloy swingarm which allows the engine to be mounted in a forward position for enhanced maneuverability.
You also get a capable suspension system that delivers 110 mm front and 100 mm rear wheel travel further improving the scooter’s agility.
The 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS rides on 120/70R15M/C 56H front and 160/60R14M/C 65H rear tubeless tires. The stopping power is handled by twin disc up front and rear discs paired with ABS.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS.
For generations of riders, the Burgman has redefined the two-wheel luxury scooter experience. It brought performance and comfort into a market once unimaginable. For 2014, the Burgman 650 ABS continues to improve with new styling matched with unbeatable performance.
Notable changes to the Burgman 650 ABS include refinements in the transmission setting and a reduction of mechanical losses contribute to a boost in fuel economy by 15%* compared to the previous model in Drive Mode. Drive Mode heightens efficiency at normal road speeds and gives smooth, linear, almost shock-free power delivery for easy riding. Power Mode gives more punch when you twist the throttle. And Manual Mode lets you thumb-toggle between six preset gear ratios for a unique feeling of control. The SECVT’s updated design includes new clutch plates that cause 35% less drag.
You can feel the nimbleness and abundance of power in your hand. It is simply exhilarating! With refinements in the transmission setting that easily allows you to downshift, accelerate, and maneuver around traffic and through every road, there’s no better time than to hop on the Burgman 650 ABS than today!
The Burgman 650 ABS model also offers an antilock braking system (ABS)** that helps to maximize the rider’s control by preventing the wheels from locking during hard brake application. The ABS unit weighs 55% less than the previous model.
*Measured in the Worldwide Motorcycle Test Cycle (WMTC).
**The ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves.
Features a new Eco Drive Indicator to encourage riding that may reduce environmental impacts. The Eco Drive Indicator light, located on the instrument panel, will come on when the vehicle is operated in a fuel-efficient manner – and may help riders learn techniques to improve their fuel economy*.
*The Eco Drive Indicator does not automatically improve fuel economy but may help riders refine their riding efficiency and improve fuel consumption. Fuel consumption may vary depending on traffic conditions, such as the frequency of starts from stop, distance driven, rate of acceleration (throttle use), chosen speed, and maintenance.
Two fully automatic modes (Drive and Power) and Manual. Drive mode heightens efficiency at normal road speeds and gives smooth, linear, almost shock-free power delivery for easy riding. Power mode gives more punch when you twist the throttle. And Manual mode lets you thumb-toggle between six preset gear ratios for a unique feeling of control.
- The front brakes have an updated design with floating discs for more consistent braking performance.
- A lever-operated brake lock lever gives the rider extra peace of mind. The lever has a stylish new design that makes it easier to reach and operate.
- An antilock braking system (ABS)* helps to maximize the rider’s control by preventing the wheels from locking during hard brake application. *The ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves.
- A newly tuned, liquid-cooled, 638cc, DOHC, 8-valve, twin-cylinder engine
- The new exhaust system features a triangular section muffler and is engineered to keep emissions so low that the Burgman 650 satisfies the most stringent regulations.
- Superlative control comes from a Suzuki Electronically-controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (SECVT). The SECVT’s updated design includes new clutch plates that cause 35% less drag.
- Refined transmission setting and reduced mechanical losses contribute to boost fuel economy even more; the engine uses 15% less fuel* than that of the previous model in drive mode. *Measured in the Worldwide Motorcycle Test Cycle (WMTC).
- Tubular frame and aluminum-alloy swingarm allow the engine to be mounted in a forward position for excellent balance and agility.
- 110mm front and 100mm rear wheel travel helps keep the ride smooth
- The underseat compartment can hold two full-face helmets and has a light for nighttime convenience.
- Three compartments below the handlebars provide space for maps and other items you might need on the road. One contains a DC outlet that’s ideal for charging a mobile telephone
- Big, easy-to-read analogue dials for the speedometer and tachometer flank a digital display that shows an odometer, twin trip meters, a fuel consumption meter, a fuel meter, a coolant temperature indicator, a thermometer, a clock, an oil level indicator, an oil change indicator, a drive mode indicator (for drive mode and power mode), and a gear position indicator (for manual mode).
- The windscreen is shaped to give great wind protection and a clear view of the road. It’s electrically adjustable to suit the rider’s height. For convenience in tight parking spaces, the rearview mirrors can be retracted electrically at the touch of a button.
|Engine||638cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 2-cylinder, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||75.5mm x 71.3mm (2.97 in x 2.81 in)|
|Compression Ratio||11.2 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||Automatic – SECVT|
|Final Drive||Gear Drive|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Tires Front||120/70R15M/C 56H, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||160/60R14M/C 65H, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4.0 US|
|Color||Metallic Mat Fibroin Gray|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2265 mm (89.2 in)|
|Overall Width||810 mm (31.9 in)|
|Wheelbase||1585 mm (62.4 in)|
|Ground Clearance||125 mm (4.9 in)|
|Seat Height||755 mm (29.7 in)|
|Curb Weight||278 kg (613 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|