The 2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000 SE is available in only 100 units and comes with a series of special features that give it a fairly unique character.
At the heart of the motorcycle lies a 4 stroke, 4 cylinder, liquid cooled, DOHC engine with a displacement of 999 Cc.
With new telescopic forks, matched by a stunning aluminium swinging arm and a rear shock, the handling package represented by the new Suzuki GSX-R1000 SE will reward riders with first class handling performances.
As far as the stopping power is concerned, the Suzuki GSX-R1000 SE is fitted with front and rear Brembo discs.
The Suzuki GSX-R1000 SE adds a new level of handling and braking sophistication to the class and has all it needs to make you fall in love with it from the moment you fire you its engine.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000 SE.
The 2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000SE is an extremely limited produced special edition motorcycle. Only 100 is to be produced in the world and 50 of them will make it’s way to the US market to go on sale 11/15/13 at 12PM PST.
This GSX-R will once again prove itself to be legendary motorcycle with amazing throttle response, power, and acceleration at mid range engine speeds – all with great fuel economy. Engineering your dream bike to go fast is not the only priority at Suzuki. The ability to stop as you please, to turn as you command, is just as important to Suzuki as it is to you. The GSX-R line delivers outstanding braking capabilities with its Brembo calipers and heat-resistant stainless steel brake discs. The bike maneuvers like a dream with a solid chassis design and responsive suspension. There will only be 50 of these GSX-R1000 SE’s available for purchase in the United States.
Simply put, the GSX-R1000 offers outstanding engine performance from idle to redline, smooth suspension performance, responsive handling, and superior braking to Own The Racetrack.
2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000 SE Key Features:
• The GSX-R1000 SE will feature mat silver-colored bodywork with special graphics.
• Polished and chrome plated frame.
• Polished and clear coated footrest guard.
• Mat black swingarm
• A serial plate will be attached on the upper front fork bracket.
• New "S" emblem with ridge line on fuel tank.
• Blue-anodized front fork caps to further enhance the bike.
• Special speedometer design.
• Blue-colored front fork outer tube.
• Blue-Colored rear suspension spring.
• Black Brembo brake calipers.
• Wheel rims are machined and polished, wheel spokes are finished with blue painted and clear coat.
• A special key fob with “R” logo printed.
• A single seat cowl is standard equipment.
• Only 50 units will be produced and distributed in the United States.
2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000 SE Features and Benefits:
• A 999cc four-cylinder powerplant, with Bore x Stroke of 74.5mm x 57.3mm brings enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range and high potential for racetrack performance.
• Lightweight, durable forged pistons are designed with the Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology and optimized camshaft profiles was developed using proven MotoGP racing technology.
• Optimally shaped combustion chambers and a compression ratio of 12.9:1 promote low-range and mid-range performance and help realize a broad torque curve. 12-hole fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for more complete combustion, reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
• Pentagonal shaped ventilation holes in the side of each cylinder bore reduce pumping losses, further improving throttle response. The shape of the ventilation holes - wider at the top, narrower at the bottom - matches the actual flow of the trapped air, reducing pumping losses due to internal crankcase air-pressure resistance to downward piston movement.
• The 4-2-1 exhaust system, carrying a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range
• Large, efficient radiator with a trapezoidal shape developed on factory team racebikes and a trapezoidal engine oil cooler both help reduce drag.
• Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase helps reduce friction, improve heat transfer, increase durability and provide better ring seal.
• Suzuki Ram Air-Direct (SRAD) air intakes are positioned close to the centerline of the fairing to provide optimum intake efficiency. The intake-duct openings feature a louvered design that heightens intake efficiency, while also contributing to weight reduction.
• Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system uses two butterfly valves (primary and secondary) in each throttle body barrel. As the rider opens and closes the primary valve, the ECM reads the throttle position, engine speed, and gear position and incrementally adjusts the secondary valve to maximize the intake-charge velocity. The result is a system that realizes the benefits of near-linear throttle response and torque output across the entire rpm range.
• Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) system allows the rider to select one of three fuel injection and ignition system maps, adjusting power delivery to suit personal preference. The mode selection switch is mounted on the left handlebar and its two buttons can be easily operated by the thumb and index finger.
• A six-speed close-ratio transmission
• Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
• A lightweight and compact twin-spar frame is made of five cast sections. It is mated with an arched swingarm made of three castings and one-piece die-cast rear subframe.
• The compact engine allows a longer swingarm and shorter overall wheelbase for improved racetrack performance.
• Lightweight, fully adjustable Big Piston Front forks (BPF) with an endurance-race-proven design deliver superb feedback and responsive, stable operation, and are lightweight.
• Rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and both high-speed and low-speed compression damping allowing adjustability for a wide range of conditions.
• Electronically controlled steering damper contributes to handling stability and a more alert and agile feel by increasing the damping force at higher speeds and reducing it at lower speeds.
• The front disc brakes are equipped with the top-of-the–line radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers.
• The rear disc brake works with a single piston caliper mounted above the swingarm. The caliper’s compact design contributes to a reduction of unsprung weight.
• The front and rear tires tread patterns and lighter weight contribute to lower unsprung weight and sharper handling
• Instruments include a silver-ringed analog tachometer with LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meters, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure warning indicator, gear position indicator, lap timer/stopwatch, S-DMS setting indicator and bar-graph indicating the instrument lighting level, or brightness.
• The footpegs can be adjusted to any of three positions in a 14mm horizontal and vertical range. The rear brake pedal and master cylinder move with the right footpeg assembly, and the shift-lever linkage can be adjusted to accommodate changes in the position of the left footpeg.
• A high-grip leather seat features outstanding holding properties, providing the rider with a greater sense of stability when accelerating.
|Engine||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||74.5 mm x 57.3 mm (2.9 in x 2.3 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.9 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Final Drive||Chain, DID50VAZ, 114 links|
|Suspension Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Brembo, Disc, Twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4.6 US|
|Color||Pearl Glacier White|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2045 mm (80.5 in)|
|Overall Width||705 mm (27.8 in)|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm (5.1 in)|
|Seat Height||810 mm (31.9 in)|
|Curb Weight||203 kg (448 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|