- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
- Suzuki Fuel Injection
- 750 cc
The Suzuki GSX-R750 is a sporty motorcycle designed for those who love to mix speed with two wheels.
The motorcycle’s center piece is a 750 cc, four cylinder, liquid cooled, DOHC engine that comes with forged pistons, shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes.
The engine is paired with a six-speed close-ratio transmission with “race-proven” back-torque-limiting clutch.
The bike’s backbone is represented by a lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame which is made of five cast sections and comes with a cast swingarm.
The 2014 Suzuki GSX-R750 rides on a lightweight 41 mm Showa Big Piston front-Fork (BPF) and a single Showa rear shock that features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, as well as adjustable ride height.
You also get a pair of racy 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) front and 180/55ZR17M/C (73W) rear tubeless tires.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Suzuki GSX-R750.
In 1985, Suzuki unleashed the GSX-R750 to the world, which would become the foundation for today’s sportbikes. With unmatched engineering feats in light weight frames and power, it made its race track debut with a stunning victory at The Le Mans 24-hour World Endurance Championships!
Suzuki has remained true to the GSX-R’s original concept with continued evolution the GSX-R750. The GSX-R750 remains the best choice for riders who appreciate a state-of-the-art 750cc engine combined with the compactness of a GSX-R600cc Supersport. When you ride a GSX-R750 you experience the breathtaking combination of outstanding race winning heritage, engine performance, crisp handling, compact size and light weight. It’s a winning combination that allows any rider to experience the exhilarating rush any time, any place, anywhere.
2014 Suzuki GSX-R750 Features and Benefits:
• A 750cc, four-cylinder engine with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio provides exceptionally potent, high-revving performance.
• Engine utilizes forged pistons, shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes for outstanding engine performance.
• Lightweight titanium-alloy valves are controlled by single valve spring to reduce mechanical losses.
• Class leading Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system includes fine-spray 8-hole injectors, providing improved fuel atomization contributing to more complete combustion in the cylinder.
• Advanced, MotoGP-developed transistorized ignition control circuit helps maintain more precise ignition timing across the range of engine temperatures.
• Lightweight, durable forged pistons are designed with the Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology and optimized camshaft profiles was developed using proven MotoGP racing technology.
• A 4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system features a titanium muffler, which carries a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve. The system maximizes torque and improves throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid RPM range.
• Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road conditions and personal preference.
• Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase helps reduce friction, improve heat transfer, increase durability and provide better ring seal.
• A six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
• Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
• Race-developed, lightweight 41mm Showa Big Piston front-Fork (BPF) delivers superb feedback and consistent performance.
• A lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame is made of five cast sections and features a cast swingarm.
• An electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at lower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
• Front brakes feature fully floating 310mm discs and radial-mounted, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers.
• A single Showa rear shock features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
• 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever, and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
• Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine rpm indicators.
• Analog tachometer. LCD readouts include speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS and gear position indicators.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||70.0 mm x 48.7 mm (2.756 in x 1.917 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Final Drive||RK525ROZ5Y, 116 links, Chain|
|Suspension Front||Inverted Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Brembo, Disc, Twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4.5 US|
|Color||Metallic Triton Blue / Pearl Glacier White, Glass Sparkle Black / Pearl Mira Red|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2030 mm (79.9 in)|
|Overall Width||710 mm (28.0 in)|
|Wheelbase||1390 mm (54.7 in)|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm ( 5.1 in)|
|Seat Height||810 mm (31.9 in)|
|Curb Weight||190 kg (419 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|