For many riders, the Suzuki Hayabusa represents the epitome of sport motorcycles. And there is no wonder why, as it offers a pretty impressive package that includes a super strong engine, top notch suspensions and a comprehensive list of high end technologies that are all working together for a single purpose: mindblowing speeds.
To spice things up even more, Suzuki unveiled a limited edition of its epic motorcycle at the inaugural American International Motorcycle Expo in Orlando, Florida. The new GSX1300R Hayabusa 50th Anniversary Edition was created to celebrate Suzuki’s five decades in the U.S. market.
The special edition can be easily recognized after its Candy Daring Red/Glass Sparkle Black paint job and the red-striped black wheels.
The GSX1300R Hayabusa 50th Anniversary Edition is propelled by a 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel injected, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves and Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC) that cranks out a maximum power of 173 horsepower and 104 pound-feet of peak torque. This power is more than enough to propel you to 60 mph in only 2.5 seconds. The maximum speed is rated at 186 mph.
Hit the jump for more information on the GSX1300R Hayabusa 50th Anniversary Edition.
The Suzuki Hayabusa 50th Anniversary Limited Edition, quite simply, isn’t for everyone. With performance credentials that have established it as the most exciting sportbike on the planet, it’s designed for serious sport riders who will settle for nothing less than the best. If that’s you, and if you choose to ride the Hayabusa, you’ll be rewarded with a riding experience you’ll never forget. Its combination of unsurpassed power, crisp handling and superb aerodynamics creates the ultimate sport bike.
2014 Suzuki Hayabusa 50th Anniversary Edition Key Features:
• Lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers, the Hayabusa’s top-of-the-line radial-mount Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers deliver better feedback to the rider. Piston diameter was enlarged from 32-30mm to 32-32mm. Larger pistons help apply greater force to the brake disc, which results in increased initial bite and a more controlled feeling
• The standard equipment Antilock Brake System (ABS) unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent, to a certain extent, wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking, by matching stopping power to available traction.
2014 Suzuki Hayabusa 50th Anniversary Edition Features and Benefits:
• A 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel injected, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves and Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC) provides phenomenal power and broad torque delivering breath taking acceleration.
• Lightweight aluminum alloy pistons with a compression ratio of 12.5:1 are used for maximum performance in all connditions. Hard, smooth chrome-nitride Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating on the upper compression and oil control rings on each piston reduces friction while improving cylinder sealing.
• Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
• Lightweight titanium valves allow the use of light valve springs and high lift while maintaining accurate valve control. Iridium spark plugs are used for high combustion efficiency.
• Curved radiator with a compact, dense-core design and engine-management-computer-controlled two ring-type electric fans mounted on the rear of the radiator, increasing the control accuracy and keeping engine temperature stable.
• The Hayabusa’s engine is fed by tapered, 44mm double barrel Suzuki’s SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) throttle bodies utilizing dual 12-hole, fine-spray injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox. This precise, carefully controlled system improves combustion efficiency results in improved power delivery and a more linear response.
• Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and helps maintain stable engine idle under various conditions.
• Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system ignites unburned hydrocarbons and reduces carbon monoxide emissions.
• S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences.
• An optimized 6-speed transmission features oil spray to the 4th, 5th, and 6th gears to reduce wear and mechanical noise during highway cruising.
• Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
• A lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
• KYB inverted cartridge forks feature a Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating surface treatment on the 43mm stanchion tubes to reduce friction and increase reaction to small surface irregularities. Spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping are fully adjustable.
• A bridged aluminum alloy swingarm features a cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity, which also helps cope with improved rear tire grip and increased engine output. The Hayabusa’s fully adjustable rear shock absorber has a 43mm piston and 14mm rod diameter.
• Large 310mm (12.2 inch) dual-floating-disc front brakes with efficient, race-proven aluminum-piston, radial-mount Brembo calipers, and 260mm (10.2 inch) single-disc rear brake with single-piston brake caliper work together with a new ABS system offering superior braking performance
• The Hayabusa’s instrument cluster features four analog meters for speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and water temperature with an S-DMS mode indicator, gear position indicator and adjustable engine-rpm indicator.
• Vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity, improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the Hayabusa styling.
• Advanced aerodynamics offering superb wind protection both for normal and completely tucked-in seating positions.
• The tire’s profile and compound were developed through a variety of testing to achieve a high level of stability and handling.
|Engine||4-stroke, Liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 65.0 mm (3.19 in x 2.56 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Suspension Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Brembo, Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||5.5 US|
|Color||Candy Daring Red / Glass Sparkle Black|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2190 mm (86.2 in)|
|Overall Width||735 mm (28.9 in)|
|Wheelbase||1480 mm (58.3 in)|
|Ground Clearance||120 mm (4.7 in)|
|Seat Height||805 mm (31.7 in)|
|Curb Weight||266 kg (586 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|