Thanks to its versatile character, the Suzuki KingQuaf 400FSi is able do a great job as a mechanical workhorse but also as a recreational vehicle.
Like any respectable ATV, the Suzuki KingQuad 400FSi lets you select between two- or four-wheel drive operation in no time.
The ATV is built around a 376 cc, 4-Stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC engine which is mated to a semi-automatic transmission.
The ride quality is kept in check by an independent front A-arm suspension that offers 6.7 inches of wheel travel and a swingarm rear-suspension system with 6.7 inches of wheel travel and twin shock absorbers.
The stopping power is handled by dual front hydraulic disc brakes which feature calipers with a large 34mm piston diameter.
You also get 25-inch Maxxis tires with aggressive dual-stage treaded pattern, plastic skid plates and LCD digital instrumentation.
Hit the jump for more information on the Suzuki KingQuad 400FSi.
2014 KingQuad 400FSi
Over three decades ago, Suzuki literally invented the 4-wheel ATV. The original Suzuki LT-125 established Suzuki as the First on 4-Wheels. The Suzuki KingQuad 400 lineup carries on the tradition of performance that rules. The KingQuad 400FSi offers an unrivaled combination of exciting sport performance and hard-working capabilities. So whether you’re tackling a tough job or a tough trail, you’ll appreciate its impressive torque and remarkably wide power band. It also lets you select two- or four-wheel drive operation quickly and conveniently, which gives it the versatility to handle rough conditions, daunting chores - or let you enjoy a backwoods getaway. Its aggressive styling also reflects its willingness to take on tough jobs. The KingQuad 400FSi 4x4 Semi-Automatic specializes in versatility. With its five-speed transmission and automatic clutch, it combines sporty performance and convenient operation. Since it’s a KingQuad, you’re in for an incredible combination of gutsy performance and lightweight agility.
2014 Suzuki KingQuad 400FSi Key Features:
• The KingQuad 400FSi has Suzuki’s class-leading fuel injection and comes with a digital speedometer.
2014 Suzuki KingQuad 400FSi Features and Benefits:
• The KingQuad 400FSi features a fuel-injected 376cc four-stroke, four-valve engine with new cam profiles and inner structures of the muffler (for more powerful and efficient performance).
• Suzuki’s class-leading fuel injection contributes to smooth power output, especially, in the mid-to-high range, as well as more consistent cold starts. The fuel injection system uses 3-D ignition maps for optimum ignition, targeting a responsive yet environmentally efficient performance.
• Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS) with factory-installed oil cooler and thermostat-controlled cooling fan helps cool engine during hard work or under excessive load.
• The KingQuad 400FSi comes with electric start. A start-in-gear system—functional when the rear brake is applied—allows starting the engine without shifting to neutral when conditions warrant.
• A five-speed transmission with semi-automatic clutch with reverse allows the rider to select their gear position for maximum traction and fuel efficiency.
• You can select two- or four-wheel drive operation with the flip of a handlebar-mounted lever. The KingQuad 400FSi shaft drive system is reliable and durable, and provides nearly maintenance-free operation.
• A torque-sensing limited-slip front differential provides maximum traction and light steering effort when in 4WD mode.
• High-low selectable sub-transmission helps provide maximum versatility over a variety of terrain. An automotive gate-type gearshift lever lets you conveniently choose high- or low-range, neutral or reverse.
• Suzuki’s innovative and exclusive T-shaped seat provides maximum rider mobility during sport riding and while tackling difficult terrain.
• Overall length is under 82 inches so KingQuad 400FSi 4x4 fits into a 6.5-foot truck bed.
• Independent front A-arm suspension design offers smooth performance and remarkable ground clearance and allows 6.7 inches of wheel travel.
• A swingarm rear-suspension system with 6.7 inches of wheel travel and class-exclusive twin shock absorbers provides agile handling and plush responsiveness.
• Dual front hydraulic disc brakes feature calipers with a large 34mm piston diameter and maximum brake-pad surface area for increased stopping power and outstanding durability.
• Large, 25-inch Maxxis tires with aggressive dual-stage treaded pattern offers consistent traction in wet conditions and a quiet, smooth ride on hard-packed trails.
• Lightweight and strong plastic skid plates, sturdy enough to withstand pounding of trail hazards yet slippery to help let obstacles slide below.
• Wrinkle paint finish on the racks and front bumper are durable and scratch resistance. Heavy-duty front and rear carrying racks let you easily take advantage of superb cargo-carrying capabilities.
• LCD digital Instrumentation includes speedometer, odometer, tripmeter, hour meter, clock, fuel gauge and indicator lams for reverse gear, neutral, oil and FI.
• Automotive-style DC power outlet on front fender. A winch-ready chassis and factory-installed flexible tube routing for wiring make winch installation simple.
• Large 4.2-gallon fuel tank with fuel gauge for outstanding riding range.
• Full floorboards with integrated raised footpegs provide protection.
• Water-resistant underseat rear storage compartment.
|Engine||4-stroke, Air-cooled with SACS, single cylinder, OHC|
|Bore Stroke||82.0 mm (3.228 in) x 71.2 mm (2.803 in)|
|Compression Ratio||9.0 : 1|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (transistorized)|
|Fuel System||Suzuki fuel injection|
|Overall Length||2060 mm (81.1 in)|
|Overall Width||1145 mm (45.1 in)|
|Wheelbase||1270 mm (50.0 in)|
|Ground Clearance||250 mm (9.8 in)|
|Seat Height||840 mm (33.1 in)|
|Curb Weight||279 kg (615 lbs)|
|Transmission||5-speed forward constant mesh, with high-/low-range, and reverse|
|Final Drive||Shaft drive|
|Suspension Front||Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake, twin|
|Brakes Rear||Drum brake|
|Tires Front||AT25 x 8-12, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||AT25 x 10-12, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||16.0 L (4.2 US gallons)|
|Color||Terra Green and Flame Red|
|Warranty||12 month limited warranty.|