The Daytona 955i has proved, over the years and miles, that balance is everything. With large amounts of horsepower comes the need for finesse. And while achieving true balance for a sports machine is no easy task, the Daytona 955i excels because it’s been designed, from its inception, as a real world performance motorcycle.
And performance is intrinsic to the Daytona 955i’s appeal. Its fuel-injected, three-cylinder engine packs a heavyweight 147bhp punch, which the benchmark chassis - that includes aluminium frame, fully adjustable suspension and powerful four-piston front brake calipers - intuitively contains.
At the Daytona’s heart beats a highly-evolved, fuel-injected 955cc three-cylinder engine that provides a heady peak power output of 147 hp, with a great spread of power throughout the rev-range. Peak torque of 100Nm is delivered at 8,200rpm and instant drive in any of the Daytona’s six gears is the reward of the three-cylinder engine layout.
Sleek lines add real class and a touch of ’GT’ style to the Daytona 955i’s multi-faceted persona, while its sophisticated ergonomics make for all day riding comfort. Beautifully blending raucous, triple-cylinder brawn with scalpel-like handling ability, the Daytona 955i is an intoxicating mix. It’s the light with the shade, the rough with the smooth, the sugar and the spice. It’s all of these things, and more.
The Daytona 955i is a unique propostion. It matches power to control and serves up a hugely satisfying riding experience in the process. Now that’s what you call balance.
2006 Triumph Daytona 955i Specifications
- Type Liquid-cooled, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity 955cc
- Bore/Stroke 79 x 65mm
- Compression Ratio 12.0:1
- Fuel System Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Ignition Digital - inductive type - via electronic engine management system
- Primary Drive Gear
- Final Drive X ring chain
- Clutch Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox 6-speed
- Cycle Parts
- Frame Tubular, fabricated aluminum alloy perimeter
- Swingarm Single-sided, aluminum alloy with eccentric chain adjuster
- Front Wheel Alloy 3-spoke, 17 x 3.5in
- Rear Wheel Alloy 3-spoke, 17 x 6.0in
- Front Tyre 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tyre 190/50 ZR 17
- Front Suspension 45mm forks with dual rate springs and adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping
- Rear Suspension Monoshock with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping
- Front Brakes Twin 320mm floating discs, 4 piston calipers
- Rear Brakes Single 220mm disc, 2 piston caliper
- Length 2072m (81.6in)
- Width (Handlebars) 725mm (28.5in)
- Height 1165mm (45.9in)
- Seat Height 815mm (32.1in)
- Wheelbase 1426mm (56.1in)
- Rake/Trail 22.5 degree/78.7mm
- Weight (Dry) 191kg (420lbs)
- Fuel Tank Capacity 20 liters (5.2 gal US)
- Performance (Measured at crankshaft to DIN 70020)
- Maximum Power 147bhp@10,700 rpm
- Maximum Torque 74ft.lbf@8,200rpm
- Tornado Red, Racing Yellow, Jet Black Special Edition (black frame, swingarm & wheels)
- $9,999 MSRP