- 60000 INR
- CCTVi, 3-Valve with dual Spark Plug
- 5-Speed Transmission
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 5 @ 7500
- Torque @ RPM:
- 7 @ 6000
- Carburettor Ucal Mikuni VM20
- 125 cc
- Top Speed:
- 95 mph
When the controversy between Bajaj and TVS came to an end with the new judgment and the agreement from the Madras high court for allowing the re-launch of the TVS Flame DS 125, it marked the first step in bringing the bike out on the Indian roads.
The TVS Flame DS 125 comes with a similar design and look of its predecessor with some modifications in the form of a new elegant black theme. But with its own styling cue, the TVS Flame DS 125 still carries a few features similar to its elder brother, the Apachi, including the design of the headlamp, fender, rear view mirrors, body colored shock absorber springs, and the special engine cowl.
Despite all that, the TVS Flame DS 125 is still as unique a bike as you can get on the Indian market, particularly because it’s the first motorbike in India that comes powered with a 3 valve CC VTi (controlled combustion variable timing intelligent) engine.
Other features of the TVS Flame DS 125 include a 240mm front disc brake, which is complemented with a unique triangular delta edge exhaust that delivers the smoothest sounds, lowest emissions, and also the most excellent performance. The TVS Flame DS 125 also supported by neatly – lockable storage, a water-bottled-sized storage in front of the tank, which will be useful for a rider’s everyday use.
Find out more about the TVS Flame DS 125 after the jump.
- New Look
- The all new flame comes with a fresh set of stunning body graphics making a new style statement.
- Digital Console The bright LCD screen displays handy info including mileage as you ride and a service reminder.
- Electric Start
- Because on the road every millisecond matters.
- Front Disc Brake
- An Easy way to control all that zippy performance
- India’s First 3V CCVTI Engine
- Developed with AVL Austria, this superior 3 valve engine is master tuned to the ideal tumble-swirl port combination. Hi-tumble gives you a smooth city ride with lesser gear shifting while the swirl port returns stunning mileage in any riding condotion.
- Widest rear tyre
- A category-first, the imposing rear tyre gets you great road grip and envious looks too.
|Engine Type||CCTVi, 3-Valve with dual Spark Plug|
|Maximum Power||7.7 kw @ 7500 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||10 nm @ 6000 rpm|
|Gear Box||4 Gear constant mesh|
|Clutch||multi-plate wet type|
|Bore x Stroke||54.5 x 53.5 mm|
|Compretion Ratio||9.4 x 0.4 : 1|
|Carburettor||Ucal Mikuni VM20|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||5 step adjustable hydraulic|
|Ground Clearance||165 mm|
|Wheels||Type Mag Alloy|
|Tyre Size Front||90 / 90 x 17"|
|Tyre Size Rear||100 / 90 X 17 "|
|Brakes Front||240 mm Disc|
|Brakes Rear||drum 130 dia|
|Kurb Weight||123 Kg|
|Max. Payload||130 Kg|
|Full Capacity||7.5 Lts|
|Battery||12 V, 5.0 Ah|
|Head Lamp||35 / 35 W halogen|
|Tail Lamps||12V 21W/5W|
|Turn signal lamp||12V 16W / 10W|
|Ignition||System High Energy IDI (Electric Start Option)|
|Max Performance||95 mpg|