FJR1300AE receives, in addition to the other `06 refinements listed, heated grips and a Yamaha exclusive "electric-shift five-speed transmission" that eliminates the clutch lever entirely-now you can click off supersmooth shifts using either the left bar-mounted paddles or the foot-operated gearshift lever.
A light and rigid aluminum frame, sportbike running gear and standard hard sidebags go beautifully together.
Pushbutton adjustable windscreen and a thick comfy seat for two are perfect for comfortable, long-distance riding.
The world’s first supersport touring bike gets a host of refinements-including standard ABS and adjustable ergonomics that widen the gap between it and common sport tourers to a gaping chasm.
Advanced air management system and new bodywork, keep the FJR looking and feeling cool.
New for 2006:
- Yamaha brings another industry first – a computer operated clutch and electronic shift actuators, eliminate the need to operate the clutch and improves shift effort.
- New sharper-looking bodywork and air-management system keep the bike and rider much cooler; a new central vent beneath the instrument panel now cools the rider and reduces negative pressure, and new fairing side panels with 1.2-inch adjustability let the rider direct airflow.
- New, curved radiator with revised ducting and twin-ring cooling fans keep engine and cockpit cool.
- Adjustable ergonomics: the seat can be adjusted up or down by nearly an inch, and handlebar pullback angle is now three-position adjustable over a half-inch range. Rear shock adjustment is simplified
- A 1.3-inch longer swingarm provides even better ride and handling characteristics.
- A bigger windscreen is now adjustable over a wider range, for improved wind protection with reduced negative pressure.
- Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons; the rear brake pedal activates two rear pistons and the other two front pistons—for balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
- Taller overall secondary gearing reduces engine rpm for more comfortable long-distance cruising.
- New-design rear frame with integrated grab handle makes lifting the bike onto the centerstand easier, and reduces overall width with bags mounted by an inch.
- Passenger footpegs are moved down nearly an inch, forward 1.5 inches and out 0.5 inch for more comfort.
- Redesigned instrument panel reflects the FJR1300’s premium quality, and now includes real-time fuel mileage, average fuel mileage, air temp gauge and gear-position indicator.
- New headlights feature easy-access adjustment knobs; new mirrors are easy to adjust and retract horizontally.
- Revised throttle cable pulley gives lighter-action throttle pull.
- Glove box can now be opened whenever the key is in the On position, and contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units, electric vests, etc.
- Integrated front turn signals with clear lenses add to the FJR1300’s cutting-edge aerodynamic bodywork.
- An additional catalyst and a heated O2 sensor are located in the exhaust for increased control range and low emissions.
- Compact, lightweight 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder engine delivers massive power and torque (145 hp @ 8000 rpm and 99 ft.-lbs. of torque @ 7000 rpm, respectively) for an unequaled spread of muscle over a wide rpm range.
- Engine is a fully stressed chassis member, allowing for a lightweight frame design.
- Slant-block engine design uses stacked, tri-axis gearbox shafts that help minimize powerplant size while optimizing chassis geometry for balanced weight distribution and great handling.
- Lightweight forged pistons with carburized connecting rods provide superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass for outstanding high-rpm durability.
- Patented electroplated ceramic composite cylinder bores ensure greater heat dissipation and thus reduced frictional power loss.
- Advanced fuel injection system is ideal for long-distance supersport-touring, delivering crisp, seamless throttle response in a variety of altitude/weather conditions.
- New, curved radiator and ducting with twin ring fans, insulated fuel tank, etc., for improved cooling.
- Gear shift shaft features a needle-roller bearing to reduce friction for silky-smooth shifting.
- Shaft final drive system is super-durable and virtually maintenance-free.
- Low-vibration crankshaft with two gear-driven secondary counterbalancers help deliver a glass-smooth ride with reduced rider/passenger fatigue.
- Constant-mesh 5-speed transmission utilizes wide ratios to deliver relaxed long-distance touring performance combined with seamless power and acceleration.
- Four-into-one-into-two stainless steel exhaust optimizes engine performance across the powerband.
- Wet-sump oil system uses an easy-access cartridge-type oil filter mounted on the engine’s left side.
- Slimmer profile–reduced width by over one-inch for better maneuverability.
- Subframe-fitted quick-release luggage mounts provide easy use of the standard accessory hard sidecases, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key.
- Long dual seat features two-part construction using different foam densities for the front and rear sections, ensuring plush comfort for both rider and passenger.
- Ergonomically shaped, large-capacity, 6.6-gallon fuel tank offers excellent comfort and range and is constructed of steel allowing for the use of magnetic tankbags.
- New instrument panel contains an electronic analog speedometer and tachometer; LCD digital odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position indicator, fuel, coolant and air temperature gauges, and clock; lights for neutral, high beam, turn signals, low oil and engine warnings—as well as real-time mileage, average mileage and air temperature.
- Sleek, cat-eye dual 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlight throws an extremely broad beam for superb visibility.
- Powerful dual-bulb taillight features integrated turn signals for a slick, one-piece look that’s aerodynamic and conspicuous.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.