- 102 cubic-inch,
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 1670 L
- Top Speed:
- 105 mph
- Road Star Midnight model features special Raven lacquer, a beautifully finished chrome front end, chrome levers, switches and master cylinder, a comfortable and cool studded seat, and special “Midnight Star” logo on speedometer face. 102-cubic-inch V-twin-powered beauty, in a long, low, hardtail-look frame, with plenty of customization potential built in.
- Modern engineering and materials, including ceramic composite cylinder liners.
- Air cooling, hydraulic valve lifters and belt final drive reduce maintenance requirements to a minimum.
New for 2006:
- A new two-piece shifter, braided stainless clutch and throttle cables and a new front flasher stay add even more performance and style.
- 102-cubic-inch air-cooled, long-stroke OHV 48° pushrod V-twin pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and less maintenance. Ceramic composite cylinder bore plating ensures greater durability and optimal heat dissipation.
- Single Mikuni 40mm CV carburetor with throttle position sensor features electronic fuel and accelerator pumps, carburetor heater and handy side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range.
- Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission with 5th-gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance with low RPM at highway speeds.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and creates lower center of gravity by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, dependable starting.
- 2-into-2 exhaust system features beefy, staggered shotgun dual pipes putting out a soulful V-twin exhaust tune.
- Solid-mounted engine housed in specially designed rigid-look, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32° rake.
- Extra-long 66.5-inch wheelbase creates long and low retro profile, added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Telescopic 43mm front forks with stainless steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps.
- Out-of-sight link-type, preload-adjustable rear shock provides 4.3 inches of wheel travel for great handling and a plush ride.
- 16-inch cast wheels shod with tubeless tires for a classic, yet sporty look while providing confidence-inspiring handling and excellent grip.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature four-piston calipers with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear stopping power, backed up by a 320mm single rear disc.
- Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish mean lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- LED taillight and clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs for a custom look, great visibility and reduced current draw.
- Full-size floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortable.
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range.
- Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Handy dual underseat helmet holders.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
- 12V 18-amp-hour maintenance-free battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.