- 102 cubic-inch
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 1670 L
- Top Speed:
- 118 mph
- The four-time AMA ProStar Hot Rod Cruiser Class Drag Racing Champion returns, with even more style.
- New for 2006:
- Radial-mount front brake calipers provide the latest in braking performance.
- New supersport-inspired five-spoke cast wheels look great, so do the new braided stainless clutch and throttle cables.
- A new pulley design gets all that power to the back wheel with even more style.
- The industry standard for V-twin excellence features 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) displacement, pumping out asphalt-ripping torque and acceleration.
- Air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 48° cylinders with pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down; large cooling fins, ceramic composite bore plating and a one-piece head cover provide more efficient heat dissipation.
- Four-valve cylinder head design uses two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and more power at all RPM.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and lower maintenance needs.
- Forged pistons accommodate higher-RPM performance thanks to reduced reciprocating mass.
- Rare earth flywheel magnet for faster-revving power delivery and increased high-RPM durability.
- Twin-bore fuel injection with throttle position sensor (TPS), aspirated by free-breathing twin air cleaner system, ensures optimal fuel delivery, great throttle response and maximum power throughout the rev range
- State-of-the-art electronic control unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3-D digital CD ignition mapping for each cylinder.
- High-performance 2-into-1 exhaust system features stainless steel headers and a massive muffler that boosts horsepower while putting out a throaty V-twin growl.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter.
- Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission features close-ratio gearing for excellent roll-on performance at all RPM.
- Smooth, low-maintenance belt drive system has a narrow-design belt that reduces unsprung weight for improved rear suspension performance.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy starting.
- Specially designed, class-exclusive, aluminum double-cradle frame and swingarm increases rigidity by 41% (over standard Road Star frame), for tremendous strength and durability.
- Super-rigid 41mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork in beefy, cast-aluminum triple clamps gives 5.3 inches of travel for exceptional sport-oriented performance.
- Link-type, preload and rebound adjustable single rear shock delivers outstanding rear-wheel tracking for precise handling and plush ride quality.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes and radial-mount four-piston calipers, and a 282mm rear disc combine for incredible, supersport-spec stopping power.
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum five-spoke wheels wear low-profile, competition-spec 120/70-ZR18 front and a massive 200/50-ZR17 rear radial for awesome traction and cornering grip.
- Extra-long, 65.6-inch wheelbase and deep, plush saddle create added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features lustrous paint and chrome accents (air cleaner, air scoop, mirrors and more) to create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Two-piece saddle is wide and flat for excellent comfort.
- Totally trick digital headlight-mounted tachometer, odometer and dual tripmeters with triple clamp-mounted analog speedometer.
- Trick, LED taillight provides excellent visibility and very sano look.
- Extra-wide, 4.0-gallon fuel tank features low-fuel warning light and R1-type automatic fuel tripmeter.
- Fork lock integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.