- 5-valve, DOHC
- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 449 L
"Cycle World" magazine’s Best Enduro Bike of 2005 gets even better for `06.
- Five titanium valves and 11,000 RPM make the WR450F the industry’s most advanced four-stroke enduro machine — and it starts with the push of a button.
- Cool, new, digital enduro computer offers speedometer, clock, tripmeter, etc. in basic mode – or pace management functions such as timer, distance-compensating tripmeter, average speed, etc. when switched to race mode.
- California green sticker compliant.
New for 2006:
- New enduro computer is trick and easy to use.
- New, two-position handlebar clamps give the aluminum Renthal bar 10mm of adjustment range.
- New compression circuitry in 48mm forks absorbs even the tiniest bumps better than ever.
- New seat foam provides more comfort.
- New reinforced swingarm provides precise handling and tracking.
- Liquid-cooled, 449cc, 5-valve, DOHC, four-stroke with titanium valves delivers a flat, extremely broad powerband with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
- 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) produces ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and lightning-quick throttle response.
- Digital CD ignition system delivers more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for fast, strong response during hard acceleration.
- Large-capacity radiator and louvers ensure maximum cooling efficiency.
- Slick-shifting, wide-ratio, five-speed transmission with YZ450F-spec, multiplate clutch is geared specially for quick-hitting power in woods and hard-pulling top-end on wide-open trails.
- Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power and allows hassle-free replacement of oil filter.
- Aluminum muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor looks trick and keeps things light.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of lever/cable play.
- Electric start ensures easy restarts.
- Super-strong, twin-spar frame is lightweight with great lateral rigidity for minimal flex and sharp handling.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section tube for reduced weight.
- Fully adjustable air/oil-separate 48mm fork tubes deliver precise, fade-free handling; fork protectors provide greater tube coverage.
- Tapered swingarm is lightweight and rigid for compliant rear suspension action.
- Rear suspension system features fully adjustable Kayaba shock with 12.0 inches of travel and separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload.
- Lightweight front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons combined with 250mm fully floating front and 245mm rear discs, deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Premium Dunlop 739 knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction and excellent wear.
- More weight savings come via, two-piece (part aluminum, part plastic) engine protector plates and thinner-walled engine guard construction.
- Enduro-legal lighting front and rear increases versatility by maximizing nighttime and low-light visibility.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Cleated rear brake lever and folding shift lever tip offer superb grip and excellent durability.
- Stylish Team Yamaha-inspired two-tone (black/blue) seat.
- Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
- Renthal aluminum handlebar shaves weight and increases comfort.
- Front wheel collar makes front wheel removal quick and easy.