The R1 LE is a special, limited-edition version of our awe-inspiring liter-bike-packed with premium components in addition to the standard tremendous firepower of the R1.
Ã–hlins suspension units front and rear, custom-developed for the R1 LE by the same people who work on the YZR-M1 MotoGP bike, provide the ultimate ride and handling.
Custom, YZR-M1-style forged aluminum Marchesini wheels designed specifically for the LE add style while removing nearly a pound of unsprung weight.
Back torque-limiting slipper clutch greatly aids downshifting from speed, helping the rider exploit all the R1 LE’s tremendous braking power.
- The R1 LE is a special, limited-edition version of our awe-inspiring liter-bike—packed with premium components in addition to the standard tremendous firepower of the R1.
- Öhlins suspension units front and rear, custom-developed for the R1 LE by the same people who work on the YZR-M1 MotoGP bike, provide the ultimate ride and handling.
- Custom, YZR-M1-style forged aluminum Marchesini wheels designed specifically for the LE add style while removing nearly a pound of unsprung weight.
- Back torque-limiting slipper clutch greatly aids downshifting from speed, helping the rider exploit all the R1 LE’s tremendous braking power.
New for 2006:
- Special 50th Anniversary Yellow/Black paint with a numbered serial plate and gold Marchesini wheels; only 500 of these machines will be produced.
- GP tech trickles down: Revised rigidity of the main frame between the engine mounts and steering head, a new, more rigid lower triple clamp and a 20mm longer swingarm produce the best-handling R1 ever.
- Öhlins 43mm front fork and rear shock, fully adjustable, with hydraulic preload adjuster at the rear, provide ultimate handling on the track and the street.
- Slipper clutch for smooth downshifts; revised clutch boss for increased oil flow.
Shorter valve guides increase intake flow and reduce friction, for more power.
- Adjustable rear-shock linkage allows 10mm of ride height adjustability; the longer swingarm accepts a greater range of rear tire sizes.
- Integrated lap timer switch on the right handlebar for track days.
- Gold drive chain, gold M1-style tuning fork fuel tank badge, define this special R1 as a production racer.
- Short-stroke 998cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled, inline four-cylinder engine.
- Dual-valve fuel injection system uses motor-driven secondary throttle valves and 32-bit ECU for super-responsive, instantaneous power delivery.
- Two-piece ergonomically designed fuel tank carries fuel in the rear section, for good centralization of mass, while the front half contains a Ram-Air-fed airbox for increased power.
- Lay-down design cylinder head – 40° forward – optimizes weight distribution, straightens intake tracts for improved cylinder filling, and allows frame to pass over instead of around the engine for great strength and a narrow chassis.
- Closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength while allowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
- Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 12.4:1 compression ratio. Big valves and high-lift cams flow plenty of air.
- Carburized connecting rods with fractured big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
- High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder sleeves ensure great heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Titanium underseat exhaust system (except for stainless steel midpipe with catalyst) contains a titanium EXUP valve for a broad, seamless powerband.
- High-efficiency curved radiator and an aluminum liquid cooled oil cooler maintain stable operating temperature.
- Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and highoutput magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- AC generator behind cylinder block produces a narrow engine with excellent cornering clearance.
- Overall frame width of only 15.6 inches produces comfortable ergonomics as well as efficient aerodynamic penetration.
- Controlled Fill die cast, truss-type swingarm is very strong and long, for optimal traction and feedback.
- Controlled Fill die cast, detachable aluminum subframe is light, strong and allows easy rear shock access.
- Dual 320mm front disc brakes; light/strong, forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and Brembo radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever delivers amazing braking power and controllability.
- Fully adjustable Öhlins inverted telescopic front fork settings were carefully developed by MotoGP Championship-winning technicians to provide track-tuned handling.
- Fully adjustable Öhlins rear shock was also developed by MotoGP technicians, and includes a super-convenient hydraulic preload adjuster.
- Two multi-reflector and two projector beam headlights provide great illumination and distinctive style.
- Adjustable LCD illumination and multi-function digital gauges: adjustable shift light, odometer, dual tripmeters, water temperature, air temperature, full-time clock, lap timer and large 15,000 rpm analog tachometer.
- Aggressive bodywork with twin Ram-Air intakes for increased engine performance.
- LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.
- Sticky 120/70-ZR17 and 190/50-ZR17 Pirelli tires for incredible grip and precise handling.
- Forged footpegs are extra durable and light.
- Extensive use of hollow bolts and lightweight fasteners helps trim overall weight.
- 8.2 AH battery is compact and light.
- Durable #530 O-ring–sealed drive chain.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.