- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 124 L
- A light, aluminum frame housing an amazingly light and compact engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- Ready to race out of the crate, complete with a Renthal aluminum handlebar, titanium footpegs and gripper seat.
- A pure motocross machine, the light and nimble YZ125 is the perfect choice for riders stepping into the 125 class.
- "Dirt Rider", "Dirt Bike" and "Transworld Motocross" magazine 125cc Shootout winner.
New for 2006:
- A thicker rear shock rod, a super-light titanium shock spring, reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals and a revised swingarm all work together for fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- Speed sensitive system, 48mm Kayaba fork tubes move the TCV (transfer control valves) above the fork springs, so that damping force is now controlled by piston speed. Along with a bigger base valve hole, the result is a smooth ride and super-precise handling.
- Increased fork pitch, i.e., distance between fork tubes, also gives great handling.
- Carburetion revisions and a new exhaust pipe meet FIM requirements and produce arm-stretching, broadband power.
- Aggressive new front fender and front numberplate up the style factor.
- Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place, for quicker tire changes.
- Amazingly compact 124cc reed valve-inducted two-stroke super light, with highly efficient straight intake and exhaust tracts.
- Six-speed close-ratio transmission optimizes gear ratios for maximum performance.
- Digital CD ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Large-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with four louvers to deliver maximum cooling efficiency at all performance levels.
- Primary kickstarting ensures easy restarts in any gear.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- Aluminum frame and swingarm are strong and light, with super durable swingarm and linkage mounts for excellent handling and comfort.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section pipe for reduced weight.
- Rear, fully adjustable Kayaba shock with 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort. Rear, fully adjustable Kayaba shock with 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort.
- Lightweight front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons and anti-bubble front master cylinder, 250mm floating front and 245mm rear discs, deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear rims provide exceptional durability and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance and handling.
- Premium Dunlop D756 knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
- Flat gripper seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low Renthal handlebar all help create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Wide, cleated, folding titanium footpegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance
- Wide-diameter fuel tank cap for easier refueling.
- Cleated rear brake lever and folding shift lever tip offer superb grip and exceptional durability.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for longer life.