- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 249 L
- A light, aluminum frame housing a patented YPVS™ power-valve-equipped ripper of an engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- Ready to race out of the crate, complete with a Renthal aluminum handlebar, titanium footpegs, gripper seat and Excel rims
- Winner of "Cycle World", "Racer X" and "Motocross Action" shootouts.
New for 2006:
- Speed sensitive system, 48mm Kayaba fork tubes move the TCV (transfer control valves) above the fork springs, so that damping force is now controlled by piston speed. Along with a bigger base valve hole, the result is a smooth ride and super-precise handling.
- A thicker rear shock rod, a super-light titanium shock spring, reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals and a revised swingarm all work together for fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- Increased fork pitch, also gives great handling.
- Carburetion revisions and a new exhaust pipe meet FIM requirements and produce arm-stretching, broadband power.
- Light and strong Renthal aluminum handlebar in new clamps with 10mm of adjustability.
- Aggressive new front fender and front number plate up the style factor.
- Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place, for quicker tire changes.
- Liquid-cooled, 249cc, reed valve-inducted two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact and features an incredibly wide, hard-hitting powerband.
- Patented YPVS power valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening topend.
- Special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire RPM range.
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch.
- Primary kickstarter ensures smooth, easy starting action and reduced weight.
- Large-capacity radiator features a ten-row core with four louvers for maximum cooling efficiency.
- 38mm Keihin PWK carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) ensure precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
- Digital CD ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- An aluminum frame and swingarm produce big weight savings, giving YZ250 the best handling in the 250 class.
- 48mm fork with TCV (transfer control valve) for stable damping, improved mid- to full-stroke performance and great rider feedback.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section pipe for reduced weight.
- Rear, fully adjustable Kayaba shock with 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort.
- Lightweight front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons and anti-bubble front master cylinder, 250mm fully floating front and 245mm rear discs, deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance and handling.
- Premium Dunlop D756 knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
- Wide, cleated, folding titanium footpegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Special-design flat “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low handlebar provide excellent movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Wide-diameter fuel tank cap ensures easier usage, while larger tank opening means faster, hassle-free refueling
- Cleated rear brake lever and folding shift lever tip offer superb grip and exceptional durability.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for longer life.