- Horsepower @ RPM:
- 249 L
- A carefully tuned aluminum frame made up of forgings, weldings, castings and tubing means sharp, super-precise handling.
- Increased mass centralization provides fantastic overall balance and performance.
- Suspension refinements front and rear help make the 2006 YZ250F the sweetest-handling and smoothest-riding one ever.
- Sharp new styling keeps the YZ250F at the front of the pack in the looks department, too including a special, 50th anniversary model.
- Trick new bits include a light, strong ProTaper aluminum handlebar in adjustable clamps, Excel rims and a cool new exhaust system.
- Five titanium valves let the YZ250F breathe deep, spinning out amazing torque and horsepower all the way to 13,500 RPM.
New for 2006:
- Speed-Sensitive System 48mm Kayaba fork move the TCV (transfer control valves) above the fork springs, so that damping force is now controlled by piston speed; that prevents mid-stroke damping force changes, for a smoother, more precise ride.
- Titanium-sprung, four-way adjustable rear shock rod diameter is 2mm bigger. New, Kashima coating reduces friction for fantastic compliance and great handling.
- An all-new aluminum frame provides fantastic handling.
- Carburetion and exhaust changes let the 249cc four-stroke breathe free all the way to 13,500 RPM, and a new radiator keeps it cool.
- Moving the dry sump oil tank ahead of the engine provides overall balance and handling and minimizes external oil lines.
- New CDI magneto provides a hot, consistent spark across the powerband for right-now throttle response.
- Liquid-cooled 249cc five-titanium-valved DOHC four-stroke is the world’s most powerful quarter-liter four-stroke motocrosser with a 13,500-RPM redline for broad, competition-crushing pulling power.
- Light, dished forged piston reduces reciprocal mass and friction for faster revving and enhanced durability.
- Lightweight titanium header pipe (with titanium heat shield) flows into a new aluminum silencer for maximum power.
- Cylinder body and crankcase feature a large cut-away section to reduce pumping loss and increase mid-range performance.
- Primary kickstarting (with automatic decompression and convenient handlebar-mounted hot start lever) ensures easy restarts, and a new kickstart lever provides great leverage.
- Slick, five-speed transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch features an involute spline set-up, ensuring smooth shifting and instant hook-up under power.
- 37mm Keihin FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures precise fuel/air mixing and lightning-quick throttle response.
- Magnesium cylinder head cover helps shave weight.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section pipe for light weight and easy maintenance.
- More weight reduction via two-piece (part aluminum, part plastic) engine protector plates and thinner-walled engine guard construction.
- Lightweight front and rear brake calipers with aluminum pistons and anti-bubble front master cylinder, 250mm fully floating front and 245mm rear discs, deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and reduced unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Premium Dunlop knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction and wear.
- “Gripper” style seat cover offers excellent feel and control.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for longer life.