Cycle World magazine’s Best Middleweight Streetbike of 2005 was also the 2003 AMA Supersport Champion: this one’s the best of several worlds.
Light weight, big horsepower, razor-sharp handling and a surprisingly comfortable cockpit make the R6 an outstanding do-it-all sportbike.
- The R6S features an ultra-compact, lightweight, 600cc DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled, inline four-cylinder engine.
- Competition-bred suction-piston-type fuel injection with 40mm throttle bodies features short intake ports and a special vacuum-controlled intake system to ensure instant throttle response.
- Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and highoutput magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- Compact slant-block engine design uses stacked gearbox shafts to create a low center of gravity and balanced weight distribution.
- Ram-Air Induction System delivers cool, high-pressure air for optimal combustion and greater horsepower.
- Lightweight forged pistons on carburized connecting rods for superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass.
- Linerless, ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- Three-axis gearbox design stacks input/output shafts to keep overall engine size to super-compact dimensions.
- Curved radiator follows the contour of the frame and bodywork for an ultra-sleek look and excellent cooling performance.
- One-piece cylinder and crankcase assembly provides superior engine rigidity and light weight.
- Compact, large-capacity clutch delivers consistent, fade-free performance.
- Large-capacity water pump, liquid-cooled oil cooler and twin ring-type radiator fans ensure optimal engine cooling efficiency.
- Four-into-two-into-one aluminum exhaust optimizes engine performance, reduces overall weight and tucks in high for maximum lean angle.
- Light and carefully tuned Deltabox III frame and Controlled Fill swingarm are key to the R6’s class-leading handling performance and feel.
- Fully adjustable 43mm fork reinforces R6’s main strength: precise handling. Forged lower triple clamp also increases rigidity.
- Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock with 4.7” of travel delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Removable CF die cast rear subframe is light and strong.
- Super-light five-spoke 17-inch wheels reduce unsprung weight; a special casting technique makes the rim section light, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Light, 298mm front brake discs, four-piston calipers and radial master cylinder provide unsurpassed braking power and feel.
- Durable, lightweight, aluminum clip-on bars provide optimal vibration damping.
- Narrow 4.5-gallon fuel tank provides excellent rider ergonomics and aggressive seating position.
- Multi-function digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
- Dual Gatling beam 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlight features a sleek profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
- Dual LED taillight design provides excellent visibility and a sleek profile.
Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.