With this rumbling black beauty, you can turn any stretch of highway in this country into the scenic route. Even if it’s the main route through town.
Black or chrome? The 2007 Road Star Midnight Silverado is bathed in high quality black lacquer paint and brilliant rich chrome. Somewhere between the gorgeous looks and the rumble of the big V-twin powerplant, the intoxication of the Midnight Silverado takes hold. Sit back and let the miles roll by, in relaxed casual touring comfort.
- Road Star Midnight Silverado is beautifully turned out in distinctive Midnight lacquer. It gets a special chromed front end, standard passing lamps, a studded touring saddle with backrest and special Midnight trim.
- Medium-size adjustable windshield enhances the riding experience by keeping wind and weather off the rider.
- Roomy, locking hard saddlebags look great and provide ample storage for longer rides.
- Power is not a problem for the long-legged 102-cubic-inch V-twin, and belt final drive passes it to the rear wheel with maximum efficiency.
- 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV 48-degree V-twin pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and less maintenance. Ceramic composite cylinder bore plating ensures great durability and optimal heat dissipation.
- Single Mikuni 40mm CV carburetor with throttle position sensor features electronic fuel and accelerator pumps, carburetor heater and handy side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range.
- Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission with 5th-gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance with low RPM at highway speeds.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and creates lower center of gravity by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, dependable starting.
- Two-into-two exhaust system features beefy, staggered shotgun dual pipes putting out a soulful V-twin exhaust tune.
- Solid-mounted engine housed in specially designed rigid-look, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32-degree rake.
- Extra-long 66.5-inch wheelbase creates long and low retro profile, added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Telescopic 43mm front forks with stainless steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps.
- Out-of-sight link-type, preload-adjustable rear shock provides 4.3 inches of wheel travel for great handling and a plush ride.
- 16-inch cast wheels shod with tubeless tires for a classic, yet sporty look while providing confidence-inspiring handling and excellent grip.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature four-piston calipers with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear stopping power, backed up by a 320mm single rear disc.
- Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish feature rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- LED taillight and clear turn signal lenses with amber bulbs for a custom look, great visibility and reduced current draw.
- Full-size floating-type rider and passenger floorboards are roomy and comfortable.
- A two-piece heel/toe shifter, and braided stainless clutch and throttle cables add even more comfort and style.
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range.
- Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Handy dual underseat helmet holders.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
- 12V 18-amp-hour maintenance-free battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
- $13,599 (Raven) Available from July 2006
- Type 102 cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV, 48-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke 97 x 113mm
- Compression Ratio 8.3:1
- Carburetion 40mm Mikuni CV w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition Digital TCI
- Transmission Wide-ratio 5-speed
- Final Drive Belt
- Suspension/Front 43mm Telescopic fork; 5.5" travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, link-type; 4.3" travel
- Brakes/Front Dual 298mm discs
- Brakes/Rear 320mm disc
- Tires/Front 130/90-16
- Tires/Rear 150/80-16
- Length 98.4"
- Width 38.6"
- Height 59.1"
- Seat Height 28"
- Wheelbase 66.5"
- Ground Clearance 5.7"
- Dry Weight 721 lb.
- Fuel Capacity 5.3 gal.
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)