With all that chrome and studded leather, it’s hard to believe this isn’t a custom job. But then, this 65-cubic-inch beauty is no ordinary motorcycle.
Start with an air-cooled V-twin for effortless cruising, a 17-litre tank for all-day junkets, full rider floorboards, and much more. But when you add an adjustable windshield, passenger backrest and leather side bags, and you’re all set to roll for the long haul. With an extra-long wheelbase, you can really stretch out — just like the road in front of you.
- A medium-size adjustable windshield, large touring seat, passenger pillion pad and backrest provide great long-range, two-up comfort.
- Roomy and beautiful soft-leather saddlebags provide storage for long-range adventures.
- Efficient and quiet shaft drive requires almost no maintenance.
- Classic, rigid-look rear end serves up 4.5 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock.
- 65 cubic-inch (1063cc), air-cooled, SOHC, 75-degree V-twin is tuned for outstanding low- and mid-range torque — maximum torque is reached at only 2500 RPM — for exceptional overall cruising performance.
- Forged lightweight pistons provide greater durability and reduced vibration and reciprocating mass.
- Ceramic-composite, cylinder-bore plating ensures superior heat dissipation for better cooling and longer engine life.
- Thick cylinder fins enhance the stylish look while increasing cooling efficiency.
- Dual, heated Mikuni 37mm carburetors with throttle position sensor feature a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range.
- One-way cam clutch-type starter decreases mechanical noise during starting.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive delivers superior reliability and smooth cruiser ride quality.
- Two-into-two exhaust system with dual shotgun-style staggered pipes play outstanding V-twin music and simplify the aftermarket conversion.
- Low-slung, large-diameter, rigid double-cradle frame with 33-degree rake creates strong, stylish machine with precise, predictable handling.
- Low, 28-inch seat height lets nearly everybody touch the pavement and enhances maneuverability.
- Extra-long, 64.8-inch wheelbase produces a long, low retro profile, with spacious ergonomics for added rider comfort and great handling.
- Beefy, brushed steel telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel smooths out the bumps.
- Tucked-out-of-sight, link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 4.5 inches of class-leading travel for a low profile that gives up a plush ride.
- Large-diameter dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc provide strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Comfortably placed, full-size rider floorboards enhance the ride by minimizing vibration and fatigue.
- Stylish heel/toe shifter adds versatility and enhances overall cruising comfort.
- Fat, tubeless tires on seven-spoke aluminum wheels combine classic looks with modern ride quality, comfort and handling.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a timeless machine.
- Large, 4.5-gallon teardrop fuel tank with class-leading fuel capacity serves up long-distance cruising range.
- Deeply valanced steel fenders combine cool style with rugged durability.
- Eye-catching, tank-mounted speedometer designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, low oil and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Locking compartment under side cover provides secure storage for small items.
- Chrome 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight looks incredible and helps maximize nighttime visibility.
- Maintenance-free 12V 14AH battery ensures dependable, no-hassle starting.
- $9,899 (Cerulean Silver) Available from July 2006
- $9,899 (Black Cherry) Available from July 2006
- Type 65-cubic-inch (1063cc) air-cooled, SOHC, 75-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke 95 x 75mm
- Compression Ratio 8.3:1
- Carburetion (2) 37mm Mikuni w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition Digital TCI
- Transmission 5-speed
- Final Drive Shaft
- Suspension/Front Telescopic fork; 5.5" travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, link-type, w/adjustable preload; 4.5" travel
- Brakes/Front Dual 298mm Discs
- Brakes/Rear 282mm Disc
- Tires/Front 130/90-16
- Tires/Rear 170/80-15
- Length 97.0"
- Width N/A
- Height N/A
- Seat Height 28"
- Wheelbase 64.8"
- Ground Clearance 5.5"
- Dry Weight 639 lb.
- Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal.
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)