You instinctively know a great cruiser when you see one. Spirited V-twin performance, of course, and cool style that’s just begging for some choice personalization. It’s all right here.
Only the price tag will tell you this machine is a mid-size model. Everything else - the long, low styling, the authentic 40 cubic-inch V-twin, the painstaking attention to detail — will just plain knock you out. Take one for a nice long ride, and you’ll see why. Big on value and good looks, the V-Star 650 Classic punches way above its weight. It’s a champion by unanimous decision.
- Retro style is even cooler when it’s combined with modern engineering, including an OHC air-cooled V-twin and shaft drive.
- Rider floorboards, steel fenders, custom-looking clear turn signals, lots of chrome, etc. — the V Star Classic represents tremendous cruiser bang for the buck.
- Rigid-look frame provides a great ride via a hidden rear shock with 3.9 inches of travel.
- Beautifully chromed and polished 40 cubic-inch (649cc), air-cooled, SOHC 70° V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power with minimal engine rpm — maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm — for powerful, smooth cruising performance.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery to the asphalt.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive provides quiet, reliable performance.
- Two-into-two chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling and deliver maximum low- and mid-range engine output.
- Stout, large-diameter steel frame designed to provide low seat height with ample rider legroom.
- Long, low, 64-inch wheelbase adds to rider comfort and predictable handling.
- Stylish heel/toe shifter adds versatility and enhances overall cruising comfort.
- Comfortably placed full-size rider floorboards enhance ride by minimizing engine vibration and fatigue.
- Beefy, telescopic front fork with stainless steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel ensures a smooth ride with stylish durability.
- Hardtail-look frame conceals a link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 3.9 inches of travel for excellent handling and a plush ride.
- Rear shock tucked out of sight for a classic, hardtail look.
- Single front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Wide, retro-style handlebars evoke a classic design with roomy ergonomics for enhanced rider comfort.
- Fat front tire on wire-spoked wheel combines retro styling with solid handling and traction.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
- Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders both durable and unmistakably classic.
- Large 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for extra long-distance cruising range.
- Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Chrome 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
- Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting
- $6,199 (Raven/Charcoal Flames) Available from July 2006
- $6,099 (Candy Red) Available from July 2006
- $6,099 (Pearl White) Available from July 2006
- Type - 40 cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC, 70-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke - 81mm x 63mm
- Compression Ratio - 9.0:1
- Carburetion - (2) 28mm Mikuni downdraft-type carburetors
- Ignition Digital TCI
- Transmission - 5-speed
- Final Drive - Shaft
- Suspension/Front - Telescopic fork; 5.5" travel
- Suspension/Rear - Single shock, link-type; w/adjustable preload; 3.9" travel
- Brakes/Front - 298mm disc
- Brakes/Rear - 200mm drum
- Tires/Front - 130/90-16
- Tires/Rear - 170/80-15
- Length - 96.5"
- Width - 36.6"
- Height - 43.5"
- Seat Height - 28"
- Wheelbase - 64"
- Ground Clearance 5.7"
- Dry Weight - 505 lb.
- Fuel Capacity - 4.2 gal.
- Warranty- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)