Everything else trails far behind.
It’s got the muscle to shoot you up the steepest hills with the greatest of ease and can go over, around or through just about anything the trail cares to throw your way. All you need to bring is gas and as much off-road skill as you can muster.
What an awesome bike! I cannot say enough good things. A bit choked up out the box, but once the unkorking mods are done this machine most certainly comes to life & to life in a big way. After you do the free mods, this is insane. This machine is a fully capable off-road bike at its best if you have the Jewels in your drawers you will be hard to beat. In true YAMAHA Style they yet again deliver the ultimate in competition motorcycles. Couple this with LEGENDARY YAMAHA Engine reliability and you have a machine that lays waste to all other competitors & Manufacturers!
The suspension is outstanding. This bike is a little heavy but is very well balanced so the weight does not feel so bad. The WR450F is much more controllable and predictable when the power comes on and much smoother. The aluminum frame and handlebars are great improvements. With a few easy tweaks this Yamaha rocks and having the electric start and trip computer are great features.
It’s awesome, more power than I ever needed and it handles great, even in the confines of single track. If you’re thinking about this bike, get it and do the mods to it, it’s a great bike. Ride safe.
- A YZ-bred advanced aluminum frame—carefully engineered from castings, forgings and extrusions—enhances handling while retaining legendary Yamaha feel and characteristics.
- Highly evolved ﬁve-titanium-valved engine starts with the push of a button.
- Cool digital enduro computer offers speedometer, clock, tripmeter, etc., in basic mode—or pace management functions such as timer, distance-compensating tripmeter, average speed, etc., when switched to race mode.
- The WR450F is green sticker approved for California.
- 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves delivers more broad power than ever, with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
- Special camshafts, carburetion, intake ports, exhaust, etc., all work together to produce an engine with mind-boggling low- and midrange power.
- Special crank balance factor and AC generator provide super-smooth running. A piston oil-jet provides increased cooling for long life.
- Dry-sump lubrication system carries the oil reservoir inside the engine cases, for excellent mass centralization and simplified plumbing.
- 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) produces ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and lightning-quick throttle response.
- “No tools” airbox uses hinge-type quick-open lid. Battery rides low for excellent handling.
- Digital CDI ignition system delivers more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for fast, strong response during hard acceleration.
- Large-capacity radiators with reinforcements ensure maximum cooling efficiency with great strength.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission uses strengthened gears and YZ450F-spec multiplate clutch—good for quick-hitting power in the woods as well as eye-opening top-end power.
- Lightweight exhaust system maximizes engine power and allows hassle-free replacement of oil filter.
- Aluminum muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor looks trick and keeps things light.
- Works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, on-the-fly adjustability of lever/cable play.
- Electric start ensures easy restarts.
- YZ-inspired aluminum frame helps reduce weight while optimizing mass centralization. An extensively tested assembly of aluminum forgings, castings and extrusions, the WR frame retains legendary Yamaha handling and response.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tube for reduced weight.
- Fully adjustable air-/oil-separate 48mm cartridge-type fork delivers precise, fade-free handling; fork protectors provide excellent tube protection.
- Tapered swingarm adopts YZ-style linkage for controlled, compliant rear suspension action. Lightweight axle and holders reduce weight in a critical area.
- The Kayaba shock provides 12.0 inches of travel with adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, rebound and spring preload—and features a larger piggyback reservoir for excellent damping and fade resistance.
- Wave-type brake discs reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Lightweight 21-inch front and 18-inch rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Premium Dunlop knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction and excellent wear.
- Cool YZ-derived bodywork and a thick seat look great and feel excellent on long rides. ProTaper aluminum handlebar in forged triple clamp for light weight and great comfort.
- Slim-design lightweight fuel tank holds 2.1 gallons.
- One-piece, high-strength, plastic skid plate shaves weight and offers great protection.
- Lightweight, 35-watt headlight and sweet LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
- Adjustable front brake lever.
- Ultra-wide footpegs for more comfort.
- Repackable aluminum muffler shaves weight.
- Front wheel collar makes front wheel removal quick and easy.
Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 5 titanium valves
Bore x Stroke: 95.0mm x 63.4mm
Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
Carburetion: FCR-MX39 x 1
Transmission: Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive: Chain Drive
Suspension/Front: Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock; fully adjustable, 12-in travel
Brakes/Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
Tires/Front: 80/100-21 51M
Tires/Rear: 110/100-18 64M
Length: 85.6 in
Width: 32.5 in
Height: 51.0 in
Seat Height: 38.6 in
Wheelbase: 58.5 in
Ground Clearance: 14.4 in
Dry Weight: 248 lb
Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal
Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
MSRP: $7,199 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from August 2007