Lighter is better.
Now even lighter-new refinements along with an aluminum frame housing an amazingly compact engine results in the consummate combination of power and lightness no other 125 can match.
I loved the power delivery... it has a very smooth power band for a 125, a lot more torque then I expected from a 2-stroke. Don’t get me wrong though, this thing absolutely hauls! This thing just pulls from top to bottom. I loved how light this bike was. It seems like you can just flick it around, and the suspension is amazing, I love it. I had no problems wheeling and jumping, it really boosts your confidence. The main thing is this bike just goes, I’ve had no problems with it, it’s a rocket! No wonder almost every magazine named it 125 of the year!
This 2 stroke is a good beginner bike. The power is smooth so it is very controllable and won’t rip your arms off at the shoulder (if controlled properly). It sits a little tall so I wouldn’t recommend it for shorter riders, but if you use caution when testing the clutch and finding the power band and don’t open it up first try, it could be a great introduction into dirt bikes. Once you ride this bike you won’t be able to wipe the smile off your face!
- A light, aluminum frame housing an amazingly light and compact engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- 610 grams off the front end makes this the quickest turning, best-handling YZ125 ever.
- Ready to race out-of-the-crate, complete with a ProTaper aluminum handlebar, titanium footpegs and gripper seat.
- A pure motocross machine, the light and nimble YZ125 is the perfect choice for riders stepping up from the 85cc class.
- Amazingly compact 124cc reed-valve-inducted two-stroke helps produce an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- Patented YPVS™ power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top end.
- 38mm Mikuni TMX carburetor gives excellent throttle response and serious horsepower.
- Six-speed, close-ratio transmission optimizes gear ratios for maximum performance.
- Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Large-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with four louvers to deliver maximum cooling efficiency at all performance levels.
- Primary kickstarting ensures easy restarts in any gear.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ125 the best handling in the class.
- Speed-Sensitive System 48mm Kayaba fork tubes move the transfer control valves (TCV) above the fork springs, so that damping force is controlled by piston speed instead of position. Along with a bigger base valve hole, the result is a smooth ride and super-precise handling.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- Rear, fully adjustable Kayaba shock features a super-light titanium shock spring and reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals. 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- Lightweight front and rear calipers with aluminum pistons and anti-bubble front master cylinder, 250mm floating front and 245mm rear discs, deliver strong stopping power with progressive feel.
- Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
- Premium Dunlop knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
- Special-design “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low ProTaper handlebar all help create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Wide, cleated, folding titanium footpegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Use of light, box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight for increased performance.
- Wide-diameter fuel tank cap for easier refueling.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
Type: 124cc, liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve inducted
Bore x Stroke: 54.0 x 54.5mm
Compression Ratio: 8.6 10.7:1
Carburetion: TMX x 38
Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive: Chain Drive
Suspension/Front: Speed-sensitive system inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Fully adjustable single shock; 12.4-in travel
Brakes/Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
Length: 84.1 in
Width: 32.6 in
Height: 51.8 in
Seat Height: 39.3 in
Wheelbase: 56.8 in
Ground Clearance: 15.2 in
Dry Weight: 190 lb
Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal
Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
MSRP: $5,599 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from August 2007