Just like its twin brother, the Off-Road TT-R230 , the 2012 TT-R230 is a serious trail bike that is accessible to a wide range of riders, especially beginners. It’s got a Yamaha YZ-inspired design that features a low seat height, and a simple and easy-to-read instrumentation panel.
The bike also has a simple engine set-up that features a stout 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke engine that produces predictable, broadband power, making it the perfect choice for both beginner and intermediate riders.
As far as the chassis and suspension of the bike are concerned, the TT-R230 has a steel frame with a compact wheelbase and low seat height that combines accessibility to new or smaller riders while also being set up as having superb maneuverability and super-responsive handling. A 36mm front fork with 9.5" of wheel travel provides plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain while the 11.6" of ground clearance should be enough to deal with almost any trail. Rounding out the set-up for the bike are 21" front aluminum wheels and 18" aluminum wheels with 220mm front disc brakes and 130mm rear drum brakes for powerful, confident stops.
Find out more about the Yamaha TT-R230 after the jump.
- Super-reliable, electric start, 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke puts out smooth, widespread power perfectly suited for all kinds of trails and riders.
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
- CDI magneto ignition system is ultra-reliable and nearly maintenance-free.
- YZ-type air filter for easy maintenance and maximum airflow.
- Lightweight exhaust with muffler and quiet, USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
Chassis and Suspension
- Steel frame with compact wheelbase and low seat height combines accessibility to new or smaller riders with superb maneuverability and super-responsive handling.
- Linkage-mounted adjustable rear shock serves up 8.7 inches of smooth, progressive rear wheel travel for great bump absorption and handling.
- 36mm front fork with 9.5 inches of wheel travel provides plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
- 11.6 inches of ground clearance should be enough to deal with almost any trail.
- Aluminum box-section swingarm features snail-type chain adjusters for quick and easy chain adjustments.
- Front 220mm disc and 130mm rear drum brakes for powerful, confident stops.
- Full-size 21-inch front and 18-inch rear aluminum wheels keep unsprung weight down, while knobby tires provide motocross-spec grip.
|Engine Type||223cc air-cooled 4-stroke, SOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||70.0 x 58.0mm|
multiplate wet clutch
|Suspension/Front||Telescopic fork; 9.5-in travel|
|Suspension/Rear||Single shock; 8.7-in travel|
|Brake/Front||220mm single disc|
|L x W x H||81.3 x 31.5 x 46.5 in|
|Seat Height||34.2 in|
|Ground Clearance||11.6 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|*Wet Weight||251 lb|
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue/White|