- liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single engine
- fully automatic Ultramatic transmission
- 421 L
The Yamaha Grizzly 450 has made a name for itself as an ATV that features the ideal mix of off-road capability, reliability, and comfort in a rugged, mid-size package. It’s capable of conquering tough terrain and even tougher chores, thanks to a set-up of Yamaha exclusive features, including a fully automatic Ultramatic transmission, on command 2WD/4WD with diff lock, rear sealed wet brake, and more, all in a great handling package.
Just like the Grizzly 500 and 700, the 450 is a versatile middleweight ATV that rides on just about any surface. The design of the ATV may be utilitarian at first look, but it also offers plenty of serviceability, particularly the steel cargo racks that come with a special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish with a combined cargo capacity of 264. The ATV also has a water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box; fully integrated floorboards with serrated foot pegs; large front and rear fenders with inner guards; dual, bright multi-reflector 30-watt Krypton bulb headlights with high and low beams; and a digital instrument panel that boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, and clock.
Inside the Grizzly 450’s lightweight chassis is a 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single engine that’s both rugged and powerful. The engine comes with a semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor and high-output
DC-CDI ignition capable of delivering fantastic throttle response and engine performance across all rpm. There’s also a large-capacity aluminum radiator that provides maximum cooling efficiency, positioned high in frame for optimal protection, and most importantly, Yamaha’s own Three-position On-Command In/Out 4WD feature that lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD, and a fully locked differential 4WD.
Find out more about the Yamaha Grizzly 450 after the jump.
- 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is rugged and powerful.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic throttle response and engine performance at all rpm.
- Pushbutton electric starting.
- Stainless steel muffler and header design provides superior power characteristics, exhaust sound and durability.
- Left-side–mounted (Hi/Lo/N/R/P) shift lever is easily accessible.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
- Compact engine design features a 45-degree cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and lower seat height for quick, responsive steering and agility.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent overheating and keeps water and mud from entering drive case.
- Tool-free air filter box for easy access and quick maintenance.
Chassis and Suspension
- Lightweight chassis features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for class-leading agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension features a doublewishbone suspension front and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches of travel.
- Using a newly-designed multi-disc system running in gear oil, the sealed rear wet brake combines strong, consistent stopping power and greatly reduced maintenance requirements.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot covers and won’t dent or rust.
- Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts convenient water-resistant storage compartment on the front fender.
- The water-resistant DC outlet is located to the side of the multifunction instrument panel for convenient access; automotive style receptacle handles a wide range of accessories.
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
- Available in Realtree AP camouflage with a water-dipped process for durability.
- Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides added convenience.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider’s feet dry and feature serrated footpegs for extra grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner guards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
- Dual, bright multireflector 30-watt Krypton bulb headlights with high and low beams; rear brake light.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
|Model||YFM45FGBL; YFM45FGBGR; YFM45FGHB|
|Engine Type||421cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||84.5 x 75.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni 33mm BSR|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with|
all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command pushbutton;|
3-way locking differential; 2WD,
4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone;|
|Suspension/Rear||Independent double wishbone;|
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brake/Rear||Sealed oil bathed, multi disc|
|Tire/Front||AT25 x 8-12|
|Tire/Rear||AT25 x 10-12|
|L x W x H||78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in|
|Seat Height||33.1 in|
|Turning Radius||118 in|
|Ground Clearance||10.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.0 gal|
|Wet Weight||606 lb|
|Rack Capacity||88 lb Fr./176 lb Rr.|
|Towing Capacity||1322 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display:|
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter,
hour meter, clock, gear position and fuel
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector|
headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
|Color||Steel Blue; Hunter Green;|
Realtree AP Camouflage