- 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single engine
- 421 L
The Yamaha Grizzly 450 is the middle-tier member of Yamaha’s Grizzly family. While it doesn’t come with the simplicity of the entry models or the high-end specs of the top-of-the-line versions, it does offer a variety of features that has made a proven commodity.
The Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts plenty of unique details, including a convenient water-resistant storage compartment on the front fender. There are also steel cargo racks with a special paint finish that features a combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds; a large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank with a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve; wide, fully integrated floorboards to keep riders’ feet dry and feature serrated footpegs for extra grip in wet conditions; large front and rear fenders with inner guards that offer excellent mud/splash protection; and, dual, bright multireflector 30-watt Krypton bulb headlights with high and low beams.
The engine is a 421cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single engine that comes with a semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor and a high-output DC-CDI ignition system that delivers tremendous throttle response and engine performance across the board. The whole technical set-up also includes a large-capacity aluminum radiator that provides maximum cooling
efficiency, a stainless steel muffler and header design that has superior
power characteristics, exhaust sound and durability, and a specially-designed drive system air intake vent that helps prevent overheating and keeps water and mud from entering drive case.
As far as handling is concerned, the Grizzly 450 has a lightweight chassis that has outstanding durability with superior rigidity for class-leading agility and handling. This is complimented by a fully independent four-wheel double-wishbone suspension that features a suspension on the front and rear, delivering 6.3" and 7.1" of travel, respectively. Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power to round out the set-up of the sturdy Yamaha ATV.
Find out more about the Yamaha Grizzly 450 after the jump.
- 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is rugged and powerful.
- Electric Power Steering system lightens steering for superior comfort and less rider fatigue.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic throttle response and engine performance at all rpm.
- Pushbutton electric starting.
- Stainless steel muffler and header design provides superior power characteristics, exhaust sound and durability.
- Left-side–mounted (Hi/Lo/N/R/P) shift lever is easily accessible.
- Large-capacity aluminum radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
- Compact engine design features a 45-degree cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and lower seat height for quick, responsive steering and agility.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent overheating and keeps water and mud from entering drive case.
- Tool-free air filter box for easy access and quick maintenance.
Chassis and Suspension:
- Lightweight chassis features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for class-leading agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension features a doublewishbone suspension front and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches of travel.
- Using a newly-designed multi-disc system running in gear oil, the sealed rear wet brake combines strong, consistent stopping power and greatly reduced maintenance requirements.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot covers and won’t dent or rust.
- Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts convenient water-resistant storage compartment on the front fender.
- The water-resistant DC outlet is located to the side of the multifunction instrument panel for convenient access; automotive style receptacle handles a wide range of accessories.
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
- Available in Realtree AP camouflage with a water-dipped process for durability.
- Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge and easyto- reach petcock valve.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides added convenience.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider’s feet dry and feature serrated footpegs for extra grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner guards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
- Dual, bright multireflector 30-watt Krypton bulb headlights with high and low beams; rear brake light.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
|Model||YFM45FGPBL; YFM45FGPBG; YFM45FGPHB|
|Engine Type||421cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||84.5 x 75.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni 33mm BSR|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with|
all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command pushbutton;|
3-way locking differential; 2WD,
4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone;|
|Suspension/Rear||Independent double wishbone;|
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brake/Rear||Sealed oil bathed, multi disc|
|Tire/Front||AT25 x 8-12|
|Tire/Rear||AT25 x 10-12|
|L x W x H||78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in|
|Seat Height||33.1 in|
|Turning Radius||118 in|
|Ground Clearance||10.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.0 gal|
|Wet Weight||620 lb|
|Rack Capacity||88 lb Fr./176 lb Rr.|
|Towing Capacity||1322 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display:|
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter,
hour meter, clock, gear position and fuel
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector|
headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
|Color||Steel Blue; Hunter Green;|
Realtree AP Camouflage