- 4-stroke SOHC 4-valve liquid-cooled engine
- fully automatic Ultramatic transmission
- 558 L
If you are looking for the ultimate non-EPS fully-sized ATV that comes with fuel injection, a Yamaha exclusive fully automatic Ultramatic transmission, on command 2WD / 4WD with Diff Lock, and so much more, look no further than the Yamaha Grizzly 550 FI Auto 4x4 .
The ATV was born from the company’s award-winning Grizzly 700 FI and comes with a combination of all the things you’re looking for in a full-sized ATV. As far as its looks, the Grizzly 550 FI Auto 4x4 features the same unmistakable hulking Yamaha ATV design the company has been known for. The low stance, combined with the aggressive, off-road profile, exudes plenty of confidence. Rugged steel cargo racks with a special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a combined total of 286 pounds while a center-mounted, heavy-duty trailer hitch comes standard and can tow more than 1300 pounds. The ATV also has a dual 35-watt multireflector halogen bulb headlights with high/low beams that provide bright illumination for nighttime work or play. Just in front of the rider, the ATV also has a trick digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter that counts the engine’s running hours, 4WD status, transmission position, clock, and fuel gauge.
The Grizzly 550 FI Auto is powered by a 558cc 4-stroke SOHC 4-valve liquid-cooled engine that is mated with Yamaha’s own fully automatic Ultramatic transmission, the most advanced drive system in the ATV market. As far as handling is concerned, the ATV has a full-size chassis that provides the same high level of comfort enjoyed by Grizzly 700 riders. Front and rear lower A-arm guards offer excellent protection, featuring the company’s WideArc front A-arms for outstanding ground clearance that’s 5" wider than that provided by ordinary designs.
It’s a package that offers plenty of all the things you’ll ever want in a fully-sized ATV. Really, what more could you want?
Find out more about the full specs of the Yamaha Grizzly 550 FI Auto 4x4 after the jump.
- This 558cc 4-stroke SOHC 4-valve liquid-cooled engine is derived directly from the industry-leading Grizzly 700 powerplant.
- Ceramic-composite cylinder liner provides outstanding durability and heat dissipation; 92mm forged piston is light and strong and rides on a carburized chrome-moly connecting rod.
- Two-lobe overhead cam and a pair of needle-roller rocker arms reduce friction by 50 percent for increased fuel efficiency and torque.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer shaft and 4-position rubber engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection uses a Mikuni 40mm throttle body and idle speed control valve to provide easy cold starts and flawless fuel delivery in nearly any condition, from below sea level to 15,000 feet.
- Pushbutton electric start with seven-disc torque-limiting damper assembly to protect the starter motor.
- Stainless steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- High-capacity aluminum radiator with fan motor delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Five-position shift lever with L, H, N, R and P gates has a light shifting feel with easy engagement, providing positive Ultramatic transmission control.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris to help increase durability.
Chassis and Suspension:
- Full-size chassis provides the same high level of comfort enjoyed by Grizzly 700 riders.
- Front and rear lower A-arm guards offer excellent protection —and Grizzly 550 features WideArc front A-arms for outstanding ground clearance that’s 5 inches wider than that provided by ordinary designs.
- Five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide a comfortable ride, whatever the load or trail conditions.
- CV boots are made of tough polyethylene for more durability than typical rubber boots.
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes serve up consistent, long-lasting braking power.
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass centralization and handling; there’s a 4.8-liter water-resistant storage compartment under there, too.
- 11.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite skidplate deliver maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear Maxxis tires provide responsive steering and handling and excellent comfort.
- Direct driveshaft design efficiently transfers power while providing outstanding durability with less vibration.
Key Selling Points
- The 550cc class has a leader, with a fully featured package based on its best-selling bigger brother, the Grizzly 700 FI, with a largest-in-class 558cc powerplant and excellent value.
- Steel Blue model includes cast aluminum wheels.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection means instantaneous cold starts and optimal performance in nearly any condition, from sea level to 15,000 feet.
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission is the most advanced drive system in ATVs. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode.
- Three-position On-Command In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD—all with a simple push of a button.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension features double-wishbone suspension front and rear with five-way preload-adjustable shocks for maximum control and comfort over rough terrain. Smoothest-running and -riding Grizzly ever.
- Trick digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter that counts the engine’s running hours, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- The Grizzly 550 boasts the lightest weight in its class at only 648 pounds wet weight.
|Model||YFM5FGBL; YFM5FGBGR; YFM5FGHB|
|Engine Type||558cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC,|
|Bore x Stroke||92.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI); 40mm|
|Ignition||TCI, 32-bit ECU|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with|
all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command pushbutton;|
3-way locking differential; 2WD,
4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone;|
5-way preload adjustment, 7.1-in travel
|Suspension/Rear||Independent double wishbone;|
5-way preload adjustment, 9.5-in travel
|Brake/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brake/Rear||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||AT25 x 8-12|
|Tire/Rear||AT25 x 10-12|
|L x W x H||81.3 x 46.5 x 48.8 in|
|Seat Height||35.6 in|
|Turning Radius||126 in|
|Ground Clearance||11.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||5.3 gal|
|Wet Weight||648 lb|
|Rack Capacity||99 lb Fr./187 lb Rr.|
|Towing Capacity||1322 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display;|
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour
meter, clock, fuel gauge and gear position
|Lighting||Dual 35W halogen multi-reflector|
headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
|Color||Steel Blue; Hunter Green;|
Realtree AP™ Camouflage