If you have a model that was selected as the best ATV on the market, then you wouldn’t need to have any discussion as to how tremendous that ride is. Such is the case with the Yamaha Grizzly 700 . The name itself is enough to drive shivers down the back of the competition, but it’s got more than just an intimidating monicker; it also carries awesome features that justifies its "best of" title.
Aesthetically, the Grizzly 700 looks the part of an award-winner, thanks to a diet of new features including a new oil access cover that allows for easier access to checking the oil and fenders that come with a textured finish that resists scratching and scuffing. There are also new gas charged rear shocks that offer a quality damping feel and excellent performance over a long period of time, and an advanced digital instrument panel that boasts of a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock, and fuel gauges.
The Grizzly 700 is powered by a 686cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine that is mated to the Yamaha-exclusive Ultramatic transmission and has the best power-to-weight ratio of any Yamaha utility model. On top of that, the ATV has WideArc front suspension A-arms that provide outstanding
ground clearance and five-way preload-adjustable shocks for a comfortable ride. Similarly, the Grizzly 700 has four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes that serve up consistent, long-lasting braking power under all sorts of nasty conditions.
In a market full of stiff competitors, there’s a reason why the Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI Auto 4x4 is considered the "best of the best."
Find out more about the Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI Auto 4x4 after the jump.
- Raptor-based four-valve combustion chamber design produces a potent combination of low-rev torque, instant throttle response and high horsepower.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer shaft and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Ceramic-composite cylinder liners provide outstanding durability and heat dissipation; forged piston is light and strong and rides a carburized, chrome-moly connecting rod.
- Two-lobe overhead cam and a pair of needle-roller rocker arms reduce friction by 50 percent for increased fuel efficiency and torque.
- Mikuni fuel injection with 44mm bore and throttle position sensor means easy cold starts and flawless fuel delivery in nearly any condition.
- Pushbutton electric start with seven-disc torque-limiting damper assembly to protect the starter motor.
- Straight driveshaft layout to the front differential eliminates U-joints for reduced friction, noise, vibration, and maintenance.
- Stainless steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- High-capacity aluminum radiator with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine maintenance and helps extend engine life.
- Five-position shift lever with H, L, N, R and P gates provides positive Ultramatic transmission operation.
- Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris to help increase durability.
Chassis and Suspension
- WideArc front suspension A-arms provide outstanding ground clearance.
- Five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide a comfortable ride, whatever the load or trail conditions.
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes serve up consistent, long-lasting braking power under all sorts of nasty conditions.
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass centralization and handling; there’s a 4.8-liter waterproof storage compartment under there, too.
- 11.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite skidplate deliver maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear Maxxis tires provide responsive steering and handling along with excellent comfort.
- Rugged injection-molded front bumper and CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
Key Selling Points
- This most powerful Grizzly ever: 686cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine and light weight has the best power-to-weight ratio of any Yamaha utility model.
- Steel Blue model includes cast aluminum wheels.
- Yamaha Fuel Injection means instantaneous cold starts and optimal performance in nearly any condition, from sea level to 15,000 feet.
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission is the most advanced drive system in ATVs. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode.
- Three-position On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension with WideArc™ A-arms up front and five-way preload-adjustable shocks provides maximum ground clearance for unparalleled comfort over rough terrain.
- Advanced digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position, clock and fuel gauge.
- The Grizzly 700 boasts the lightest weight in its class at 648 pounds wet weight.
|Model||YFM7FGBL; YFM7FGBGR; YFM7FGHB|
|Engine Type||686cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single;|
SOHC, 4 valves
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI); 44mm|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with|
all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command pushbutton;|
3-way locking differential; 2WD,
4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone;|
5-way preload adjustment, 7.1-in travel
|Suspension/Rear||Independent double wishbone;|
5-way preload adjustment, 9.5-in travel
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brakes/Rear||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||AT25 x 8-12|
|Tire/Rear||AT25 x 10-12|
|L x W x H||81.3 x 46.5 x 48.8 in|
|Seat Height||35.6 in|
|Turning Radius||126 in|
|Ground Clearance||11.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||5.3 gal|
|Wet Weight||648 lb|
|Rack Capacity||99 lb Fr./187 lb Rr.|
|Towing Capacity||1322 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display:|
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter,
hour meter, clock, fuel gauge, gear
position and EFI function
|Lighting||Dual 35W halogen multireflector|
headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
|Color||Steel Blue; Hunter Green;|
Realtree AP Camouflage
- LCD instrument display contains fuel injection, as well as bar-type fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, clock and Diff. Lock indicator.
- Rugged steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a total of 286 pounds combined (99 front, 187 rear).
- Center-mounted, heavy-duty trailer hitch comes standard and can tow more than 1300 pounds.
- Large, specially designed seat is extra plush and widely contoured for all-day rider comfort.
- Dual 35-watt multireflector halogen bulb headlights with high/ low beams light up the night.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.