- liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine
- fully automatic Ultramatic transmission
- 686 L
A high-powered ATV has no room for newbie riders and only those that know their way around one should be riding it. It’s not that the Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS isn’t suited for novices, but if you’re breaking into the world of ATVs, you might settle for something a little more entry-level.
On the other hand, if you’re a veteran of four-wheeled, off-road riding, then the Grizzly 700 EPS will definitely make your heart skip a beat. Powered by a 686cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine, the Grizzly 700 EPS boasts of the best power-to-weight ratio of any Yamaha utility ATV on the market. The engine is then mated to a fully automatic Ultramatic transmission that’s considered the most advanced drive system among ATVs.
As far as handling is concerned, the Grizzly 700 EPS was built with WideArc front suspension A-arms that provide outstanding ground clearance. For maximum control and comfort over rough terrain, the ATV comes with a fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension featuring a double-wishbone suspension set-up on the front and five-way preload-adjustable shocks on the rear.
More than its performance and handling capabilities, the Grizzly 700 EPS also looks the part. It’s a lean, mean, fighting machine that comes with features riders can enjoy. It has a center-mounted, heavy-duty trailer hitch that can tow more than 1300 pounds. Likewise, the ATV also has rugged steel cargo racks with a special, extra-durable wrinkle
paint finish that can pack a total of 286 pounds. There’s also an LCD instrument display that contains fuel injection and electric power steering information, as well as bar-type fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, clock, and Diff. Lock indicator. Dual 35-watt multireflector halogen bulb headlights with high and low beams complete the Grizzly 700 EPS’ set-up.
Find out more about the full specs of the Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS after the jump.
- Raptor-based four-valve combustion chamber design produces a potent combination of low-rev torque, instant throttle response and high horsepower.
- Compact engine design features a 35-degree cylinder angle for ground clearance and lower seat height for quick steering and maneuverability.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer shaft and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Ceramic-composite cylinder liners provide outstanding durability and heat dissipation; forged piston is light and strong and rides a carburized, chrome-moly connecting rod.
- Two-lobe overhead cam and a pair of needle-roller rocker arms reduce friction by 50 percent for increased fuel efficiency and torque.
- Mikuni fuel injection with 44mm bore and throttle position sensor means easy cold starts and flawless fuel delivery in nearly any condition.
- Pushbutton electric start with seven-disc torque-limiting damper assembly to protect the starter motor.
- Straight driveshaft layout eliminates U-joints for reduced friction, noise, vibration, and maintenance.
- Stainless steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- High-capacity aluminum radiator with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine maintenance and helps extend engine life.
- Five-position shift lever with H, L, N, R and P gates provides positive Ultramatic transmission operation.
- Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris to help increase durability.
Chassis and Suspension
- WideArc front suspension A-arms provide outstanding ground clearance.
- Five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide a comfortable ride, whatever the load or trail conditions.
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes serve up consistent, long-lasting braking power under all sorts of nasty conditions.
- Electric power steering varies assist according to speed and torque for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability— even in 4WD.
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass centralization and handling; there’s a 4.8-liter water-resistant storage compartment under there, too.
- 11.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite skidplate deliver maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
- 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear Maxxis® tires provide responsive steering and handling along with excellent comfort.
- Rugged injection-molded front bumper and CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
|Model||YFM7FGPBL; YFM7FGPBGR; YFM7FGPHB|
|Engine Type||686cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single;|
SOHC, 4 valves
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI); 44mm|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with|
all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command pushbutton;|
3-way locking differential; 2WD,
4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone;|
5-way preload adjustment, 7.1-in travel
|Suspension/Rear||Independent double wishbone;|
5-way preload adjustment, 9.5-in travel
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brakes/Rear||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||AT25 x 8-12|
|Tire/Rear||AT25 x 10-12|
|L x W x H||81.3 x 46.5 x 48.8 in|
|Seat Height||35.6 in|
|Turning Radius||126 in|
|Ground Clearance||11.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||5.3 gal|
|Wet Weight||648 lb|
|Rack Capacity||99 lb Fr./187 lb Rr.|
|Towing Capacity||1322 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display:|
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter,
hour meter, clock, fuel gauge, gear
position, EPS and EFI function
|Lighting||Dual 35W halogen multireflector|
headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
|Color||Steel Blue; Hunter Green;|
Realtree AP Camouflage