- liquid-cooled four-stroke engine
- fully automatic transmission
- 395 L
Riding a motorcycle need not be all about performance. There is always a place in the market for bikes that offer a highly utilitarian purpose without having any of the all-world capabilities. That’s the group where the Yamaha Majesty fits in. As a cross between a scooter and a motorcycle, the Majesty is a rugged and reliable machine that provides enough power to run at highway speeds while also boasting of enough room for two to go with ample storage space.
The Majesty comes with an aluminum, die-cast alloy main frame with a steel tube sub frame that’s both light and rigid, offering the kind of increased performance and handling that makes for an all-world scooter. The full instrumentation fitted just in front of the scooter comes with all the pertinent information a rider needs in his travels. That includes an analog speedometer and tachometer, and an LCD multifunction display that includes a fuel gauge, coolant temperature gauge, ambient temperature gauge, plus V-belt, and oil indicator lights.
Make no mistake, the Majesty isn’t the cup of tea for performance-minded individuals. It "only" has a 395cc liquid-cooled four-stroke engine with a fully automatic transmission. The bike features an electronic fuel injection system that delivers superb throttle response and low-maintenance reliability, while the dual chamber air box, air injection system, and exhaust catalyst technology reduce air pollution.
All told, the Yamaha Majesty passes all the requisites of a top-end scooter. The size, handling, and performance numbers of the Majesty allow it to be the kind of ride that every scooter-riding savant craves.
Find out more about the Yamaha Majesty after the jump.
- Powerful liquid-cooled DOHC four-valve single with forged piston and single-axis counterbalancer puts out plenty of smooth power all the way beyond 8000 rpm.
- Suction-piston-type electronic fuel injection delivers excellent throttle response and low-maintenance reliability.
- Step-motor controlled, automatic idle speed control and throttle position sensor provide immediate start-up and ride-away performance.
- Double-cog V-belt constantly variable automatic transmission makes the Majesty a twist-the-throttle-and-go machine.
- Automatic decompression system ensures easy and reliable electric starting.
- The dual-chamber airbox, air-injection system and exhaust catalyst technology reduce air pollution.
Chassis and Suspension
- Aluminum, die-cast alloy main frame with steel tube subframe is light and rigid for increased performance and handling.
- 61.6-inch wheelbase provides plenty of room for tall riders and a smooth ride while enhancing handling.
- 41mm fork tubes for excellent ride and sporty handling.
- Rear suspension uses a pair of long-travel, coil-over shock absorbers for a smooth ride and sporty handling.
- Big, 14-inch front and 13-inch rear tires on stylish cast wheels look great and provide excellent handling and traction, along with superb bump absorption.
- 267mm hydraulic front and rear disc brakes provide powerful, controllable stops with a convenient left handlebar-mounted parking brake lever.
- 3.7-gallon fuel capacity provides 185 mile-range (50 mpg*).
The 2012 Majesty comes in Charcoal with an MSRP of $6,750 and will be available in dealerships nationwide in August.
|Engine Type||395cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke single;DOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||83.0 x 73.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Electronic fuel injection|
|Ignition System||Digital TCI; Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||Centrifugal clutch; double-cog V-belt auto|
|Suspension/Front||Telescopic fork; 4.7-in travel|
|Suspension/Rear||Twin shock; 4.1-in travel|
|L x W x H||87.8 x 30.7 x 54.3 in|
|Seat Height||29.9 in|
|Ground Clearance||4.7 in|
|Fuel Capacity||3.7 gal|
|Est. Fuel Economy||50 mpg|
|Wet Weight||467 lb|
* Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission
certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will
vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain
your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator/passenger weight.
** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and
all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank
of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories.
Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with