In a market starved for machines that perfectly suit our needs, it was important for Yamaha to create an ATV that bridged the gap between the introductory Raptor 90 model and the more full-sized Raptor 250 model.
Thus, the Raptor 125 was born. Unlike its contemporaries, the Raptor 125 was designed for consumers of all sizes - either those without prior motorsports experience who are looking for a high-quality, entry-level sport quad that’s simple to ride or those looking for something a little more sophisticated than a beginner’s model.
Carrying a light and powerful 124-cc, SOHC, four-stroke single engine that produces a broad powerband, the Raptor 125 comes with enough power to make for great rides in the off-road trail. The ATV also comes with a class-exclusive five-speed manual transmission that carries power on all gears while an electric start button allows for easier starting. In terms of design, the Raptor 125 was built with utilitarian ergonomics in mind, especially with the handlebar, the seat, and the foot pegs, all of which were designed specifically for smaller riders and those aged 16 years and older.
As far as handling is concerned, the Raptor 125 bares no bones about its built structure. For starters, the seat and handlebar positions were designed to offer an ideal riding position and maximum rider comfort. The ATV also has an independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload adjustable shocks that provide 7.5" of wheel travel while a rigid and light swingarm is controlled by 7.9" of wheel travel, providing sufficient wheel control and rider comfort that few ATVs in its class can match.
Find out more about the full specs of the Yamaha Raptor 125.
- Light and powerful 124cc, SOHC, four-stroke single produces a broad powerband.
- The engine is fitted with a single-axis counter-balancer to reduce vibration at the handlebars, seat, and footrests for a more enjoyable ride.
- Five-speed gearbox with manual clutch provides the flexibility to tackle pretty much any track or trail.
- Electric starting is standard equipment and works in any gear.
- Mikuni® 29mm carburetor provides light throttle pull and excellent throttle response across the rpm range.
- DC-CDI ignition system designed specifically for the Raptor 125 delivers optimum performance at all rpm levels.
- Three-chamber muffler, a proven design straight from the Raptor 250, is light, quiet, and boosts low- and midrange performance.
Chassis and Suspension
- The seat and handlebar position are designed to offer an ideal riding position and maximum rider comfort.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload adjustable shocks gives 7.5 inches of wheel travel.
- Rigid and light swingarm is controlled by 7.9 inches of wheel travel, for consistent wheel control and rider comfort.
- Low, 28.1-inch seat height provides rider comfort and allows optimal rider movement.
- Triple hydraulic disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power even in wet conditions.
- Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster means hassle-free chain maintenance.
- Wide 19-inch front and 18-inch rear Maxxis tires provide plenty of grip and awesome handling.
- Yamaha introduces an Industry First! Starting with the 2012 model year, every Sport ATV model will feature a white color version that can be customized with 1 of 11 graphic choices. After purchasing their ATV, customers order their customizable graphics from ONE Industries.
- Single 30-watt headlight boasts an aggressive look and offers great illumination.
- YFZ-type parking brake for parking convenience.
- Raptor and YFZ lineage rolled into one sporty looking package.
|Engine Type||124cc air-cooled 4-stroke: SOHC; single|
|Bore x Stroke||54.0 x 54.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni 29mm BSR|
|Transmission||5-speed; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric|
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone; 5-way|
preload-adjustable shocks, 7.5-in travel
|Suspension/Rear||Swingarm: 7.9-in travel|
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||Maxxis AT19 x 6-10|
|Tire/Rear||Maxxis AT18 x 9-8|
|L x W x H||63.4 x 40.0 x 39.8 in|
|Seat Height||28.1 in|
|Ground Clearance||3.3 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.4 gal|
|Wet Weight||299 lb|
|Lighting||Single 35/36.5W headlight &|
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue/White;|
White w/choice of graphics